1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin Mardigrass 2010 Photos

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by Natwest, May 2, 2010.

1. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

I wasn't sleeping, merely resting my eyes.
    Enough of your cheek young man, when you get to my venerable age you too will be entitled to rest your eyes after an 18 hour day.

2. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Sorry Don that's the softest excuse I've ever heard!

3. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

I learnt it from Pat & I wasn't the one who went nap nap several times on Sunday.:p

4. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Yeah but this is not about me Don!

5. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

craig was just resting his voice..gr8 effort the night before..oh:eek: ..Don..i think u might have missed it:lol: :p

6. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

I think it was a land shark, or possibly the Yakuza.

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

It's official....this was the BIGGEST EVER kombi Konvoy in the 15 years of it's running.:D

Allan, the guy who has been running these over those 15 years rang me yesterday to ask that I pass on his sincere thanks to each and every one of you who made this years konvoy the BIGGEST ever. :heart:

From myself personaly I also want to say THANK YOU, this was the biggest and best 'Camp Keen', both Andy and myself had a ball.

It was just so nice to see what a great time was had regarldess of age........I must admit Andy and I both had a giggle when we glanced into our back room where Mav and Miss Leah were staying, we were instantly transported back to when Lisa was a teenager. We had forgotten what it was like to have so many young ones around.:lol:

8. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

HEY ! I was sticking up for you old fella:cool:

9. Justin

Justin Active Member

From myself personaly I also want to say THANK YOU, this was the biggest and best 'Camp Keen', both Andy and myself had a ball.

and i bloody slept through it !! grrrrrrr :cry:

though i did enjoy it when i was 'barely' awake . . . :cool:

oh and dan ling85 , ill be vying for a spot on the much loved grassy knoll next time so there will be no excuse ! ha ha

speaking of the grassy knoll , who was the bright spark who parked their pulsar there !? :eek:
    what happened to standards people !? :lol:

10. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

I did see a heavily tattoo,d Japanese man missing 3 digits lurking in the
    shadows.............:eek:

11. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Pretty certain mav was a lot messier than me in the back room. Which, was a lot more comfortable than sleeping in a tent. Thanks lorraine :)

There were a few highlights for me. One of them was jon ward letting me drive his kombi. :) The problem was he didn't ask me if I had ever driven one before, so when he suggested it I was awfully nervous.

30 minutes into driving from newcastle to gosford, jon asked "so when was the last time you drove your kombi" to which I replied "never". Wish I had a camera to see his face drop. And to capture mav in the backseat holding on for dear life.

12. Joel

Joel New Member

;)
    A ring in bug has to serve a purpose some how :lol:

13. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

You did a sensational job Leah.
    I wish I drove a kombi as good as that on my first attempt!

14. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

This looks an awesome event I am so there next year after BS at Narooma if it is the weekend proir??

15. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Yes Doc, Nimbin MardiGrass is always the first weekend in May and Easter falls on the last weekend in April next year.............it's going to be s BIG couple of weeks for us next year:D Great to hear you are keen on making the trip North after the Bus Stop :D

16. ziggy_kombi

ziggy_kombi New Member

17. ziggy_kombi

ziggy_kombi New Member

Camp Keen Rules!

Dear KC'ers,

What a fantastic weekend- us virgins thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The weekend started with squashing a few incorrect assumptions- first off we learnt Dan_Ling85 wasn't in fact Asian, then of course that Lorraine and Andy weren't in fact running a huge swingers venture up at camp keen (ha-ha)!

Some highlights were watching 2 backpackers wind up in a konvoy of 64 kombi's by simply being in the right place at the right time (Magic Bus couldn't do enough to accommodate them)... enjoying a lovely massage from Curtis (thanks man) and realising that not even rocking our bus could wake us at camp keen (although JD- the thought did cross our mind that the kombi may already have been in motion from the inside out>??).

Anyway- great meeting you all and can't wait to catch up again. Photos coming soon...

Come to Hervey Bay! We have whales and stuff here. :cool:

THANK YOU LORRAINE, ANDY, ROCKY AND RUBY- so so soooooo incredibly hospitable. You guys are amazing.

18. ziggy_kombi

ziggy_kombi New Member

photos

actually maybe not...us virgins don't know how to upload photos!

19. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

"ENVY" ........................:( :( :( we're going next year!;)

20. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Sorry Sam damaged that chair!