1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin mardigrass kombi konvoy 2014

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by ruby6689, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Resol

Resol Active Member

I'll be in Byron already otherwise i would cruise down with ya!
    see ya at Byron M8

2. terbear

terbear Member

I know Pat and Samantha are leaving Sat Morn from Nth Bris... Does anyone know how to find the times the konvoy met last year?

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Monty ...tick, Blue Bus....tick, Molly.....where the hell are you? Still can't find Molly :umm: Parts have arrived, mechanic on standby.

I just found the YouTube of the 2010 Konvoy and (kombigal) Jules' Gav was a standout with streamers and balloons decorating him. Gav is a standout anyway.

Just thought it would be nice if anyone who wanted to could add a bit of decoration to their kombis, I would suggest putting these on at our last gathering spot just on the outskirts of Nimbin adding even more colour and enthusiasm to the parade through town. (Note to oneself - must go find my rainbow flags buried in the garage, hope the rats haven't beat me to them!)
    This is the first time I will be visitor free and I am looking forward to joining the evening gathering at the Rainbow Power company afterwards :)

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...iklem6szVRfByqQ&bvm=bv.65636070,d.dGI&cad=rjt

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  4. Natwest

Natwest Member

Just to check, the contingent is definitely leaving Byron at 12:30 like the poster said? Lorraine said 10am in an earlier post??? Just confirming which is the right one as I am probably coming down from Brisbane on the Saturday.

Cheers - Nathan

5. ruby6689

Thanks for pointing that out, Alan changed the times around a bit from last year, we will be gathering from 10am onwards and leaving around 12-12.30pm. Sorry all a bit on 'Nimbin' time.

6. ruby6689

I have just had a request from the protestors at Bentley to do a drive past to show support tomorrow. TYPICAL it's 2.40pm the day before, would have helped to have had request a week ago. I am currently looking at rerouting the Konvoy to comply but may be too hard at this late notice.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  7. ruby6689

NIMBIN KOMBI KONVOY UPDATE
    The konvoy will be leaving Lismore at 3.00pm SHARP and detouring via the BENTLEY protest site. Traffic control will be in place to allow us a smooth turn around so we can continue onto Nimbin via Tuncester Rd arriving in Nimbin for the planned 4.20pm cruise through the village.
    There will be professional photographers and movie makers filming this part of the konvoy.:)

Hold onto that thought, just had a call from the Bentley organisation and it looks like it may well be all too hard for them to get traffic control.

Announcement will be made tomorrow re decision.

Last edited: May 2, 2014