1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now I'm happy

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by ruby6689, Mar 29, 2008.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Have just spent the morning cruising around in old Blue Bus....I was getting withdrawals having just returned from Eden. Sitting in a Nissan for 8 days while everyone else was around us in their Kombis was not nice!

Molly came home last night with her newly refirbed engine. I am so disappointed at not having her for the trip that I won't even take her for a run to see how she goes just yet, but I did enjoy my drive in the old panel:)

Lorraine

2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Know how you feel Lorraine.
    Got into the bug & went for a cruise on Friday since we went away...god she felt good!!!...
    After being so high in the work van then getting back into her....she sits SO low to the ground....hahaha...
    Nice to bottom out on speed bumps again...lol
    Judy

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  3. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

It's good that you've got your Kombi fix, Lorraine. I know how that feels! GOOD! :) And what a way to do it too - in Blue Bus.

But, poor ol' Molly - you can't stay mad at her forever, you know. :p

Julian.

4. heartland

heartland New Member

I'd be smiling too if I was driving Blue Bus - I'm sure Molly will now behave and you'll have many a happy trip in her.

5. gemma

gemma New Member

Can,T imagine you not happy

Good news , glad for you lorraine' Hope your trip was everything you hoped it would be ,and more.. than you expected. LOL

love g

6. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Know the feeling. My camper is back on the road and agree it was not the same driving the Subaru to Eden. Barb has declared that we will not do that again. Nothing like the Kombi.

7. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Forgive Molly, at least she found a way to tell you before you left and really stuffed up your holiday. Give her a hug, she wouldn't have meant it - she would have held on as long as possible ;)

The piss'n nissan was just to remind you how good Kombis are!

Rich

8. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Finally took Molly for a drive, to the mechanics to pay the $3,376 bill:cry:

She is now running so quietly all I heard was the stove rattling!
    The gear change is beautiful also, we had a new clutch put in at same time though she didn't really need it.I'm starting to feel the love again:heart: ........hopefully she will behave herself for a long time now.

She's all tucked up in her corner of the garage again waiting for our next trip.................Lorraine

9. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Ouch....Bitter sweet ending....

10. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Wonderful news Lorraine, must be good to finally have all the kids home and healthy! :)

Ash x

11. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Good to hear Lorraine, not so good the part about the bill, but at least she should be good to go for the next few Bus-stops.

12. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

ENJOY!!! Keep them rolling.