1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSW Convoy to Bus Stop

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2012' started by melissa, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Excellent 22 days to go :D

2. Royce

Royce Active Member

Will join up with you guys at Goulburn on Thursday...Is Maccas or the bakery on the Highway the prefered rendezvous point???

And an approx time would be good if anyone has done that calculation yet.

RB

3. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Melissa, Kai etc ? or are we happy with 5:30-6?? not too early for you is it Melissa seeing as you are the furthest?
    Thought that Narellan or Mount Anna Maccas might be better so as not to disturb the neighbors etc both are not too far off the m5/Hume just opposite sides of the road.

Once we settle on a time we can then orgainse a time to meet Bernie & Royce

I do like a good Bakery Royce :p But happy to go with the flow.

4. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

When ever and where ever mate. Still have to get a costume. I've got an idea.

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I was only saying to Scott on the weekend that we will be leaving pretty early so if we leave here at 4am and meet you at Maccas at 6am.

6. Royce

Royce Active Member

Do we have a decision on Thursday nite stop over? Thinking I may need a cabin instead of a tent site for that one

7. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Nice one The Mount Annan Maccas is on the smaller side, so although a bit fiddly to get into the Narellan one would be the go. its on the corner of Narellan Road and Camden Valley Way about 2 mins from the M5/Hume exit for Narellan Road. There is also a Caltex next door if you need a splash of fuel.

Royce I was looking into a hotel/motel type accomodation in Wagga Wagga as I am not camping will need a roof and bed too. I just got on Wotif and the likes to sus them out.
    pricing ranges from $79-110p/n

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  8. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I think from memory my mate and I decided on the Mercury but would need to check when I get home????

[​IMG]

9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Am booked in to the Garden City Motor Inn
    $129 for a Room with a Queen Bed and a Single
    http://www.gardencitymotorinn.com/

My old man recommended it as he does work down there a bit older styling but clean and comfortable. he also recommended The Bridge Tavern & Steakhouse for a feed.

10. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

I was just talking to a work colleague that lives in wagga and apparently there is an area within walking distance of the center town used by the grey nomads. With plenty of parking space and toilets. Which may be suitable for those of us who can sleep in their vans. I will look up the exact location tonight.

11. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Nice one Bernie, Still can't sleep in mine. We definitley meeting up with you and Royce at the Merino?

12. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Sounds good Bernie :)

13. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

I'm in if you find that site Bernie. I'm not grey but oh well.

Nathans room for a shower.

14. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ok KCers for those who are sleeping in there vans spoke to the lady at Wagga beach Caravan Park , they are reopening next Wednesday the 4th, so powered and none powered sites and cabins will be available. Powered site 2 people $29 none powered $24 http://www.wwbcp.com.au/index.htm and she said no need to book but you can if want

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  15. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

i will decide when we get there i think mick. $24 is pretty cheap for a unpowered over easter

16. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

I hope all have considered the possibility of no fuel available on Good Friday, country areas can be like that. Unfortunately we are headed to Kerang for Easter, prior arrangement with a group from a different forum. Maybe a visit up to Swan Hill on the Sunday might be in order to visit a few good friends I haven't seen for some time and possibly some I haven’t met yet.
    We are travelling down Wed night, over night at Urana, beautiful light friendly town, sleeping in Kombi, breakfast in town then down through Jerilderie, Conargo, Deniliquin, Barham then Kerang, quickest easiest way there with good roads but bugger all traffic, breaks the monotony of highway driving as well. An ex wife’s family are all down that way so have done the trip many times, still get on well with the family, just not the ex :lol:

T1 Terry

17. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Enjoy your trip Trip Terry ;)

good point about the fuel too :eek

I knew there was another reason I was considering leaving on wed.

Nath yes I will be meetng you all in Goulburn on the thursday.

After talking to Mick Ill be going for a site at the caravan park in Wagga as well.

Thats my plan.

Bernie

18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We will stay at the Wagga caravan park as well :)

19. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Mick does this mean you are joining our little convoy??

20. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

So are we all settled on Narellan McDonalds 6am?
    Then on to Goulburn Big Merino for Pie, Coffee, fuel Stop? and of course to meet up with Bernie and Royce approx 8am-ish