1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSW Holiday!

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Mountain Goat, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Finally today I am packing up the kombi for a week camping in Northern NSW. When we bought the Kombi over a year ago we hoping to take it camping in Setember last year. It's taken a bit longer than what we thought but I think the wait will be worth it. We are heading sklowly down towards Evans Head, maybe a bit further south too. (Petergardem's post has me keen to try) so if anyone is out and about, keep an eye out for us and give us a wave, no doubt I'll have my camera and will do some Kombi spotting myself :)

2. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Awww....I'm jealous - I massively love Evans Head - still hasnt been quite overdeveloped yet.

Enjoy the trip and post lots of Happy Kombi camping snaps.

Cheers,

Scott

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Hey Denise let me know when you get down to Evans Head I reckon Judy and I might like to catch up with you, otherwise you are more than welcome to come here, stay a night if you wish.
    I will PM you my phone nos.
    Lorraine

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Would love to catch up with you when your in our neck of the woods :)
    Judy

6. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Hi Lorraine. PM sent :) Hi Judy, I would love to catch up with you too! Will certainly be keeping my eyes open for your splitty and if by any chance we are near where you are all meeting on sunday we will try find you. Will you have Mercy out and about in Byron at all? I think we'll be detouring through Byron a few times and I'd be thrilled to spot you!

7. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

I'm usually out & about in Byron...
    My mob: 0411260630
    Give me a call & we can arrange something Denise
    Judy

8. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Have a great trip Denise and Stan. How cool to be doing your first Kombi trip around those parts of NSW - spectacular.

Drive safe. :)

9. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Have a great trip Denise and Stan

Have a great trip Denise and Stan

10. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Aww, thanks guys :) Can't wait to get on the road. 19 year old daughter has come home to "mind house" while we are away, should I be worried? :)

11. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Judy, I have copied your number down! See you soon :)

12. hilto

hilto New Member

Have a great trip guys!

13. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

No unless something like this happens .............

No unless something like this happens .............

This time last year Toni and G were up in North Queensland .....

I went to VW Action Day and bought a SC Ute and Toni found two kombis in Ayr

We went from 2 kombis to 5 in a matter of days ........ now we have three Beetles in the garage as well................

Should you be worried? ................................ Nahhhhh ................................
    :umm:

peter drogi likes this.
  14. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Enjoy the road trip guys....might see you out and about :)

15. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Brett, I am more worried I will see a house down there with a 3 bay shed and NO steep driveway :) Thanks everyone, will try and get some good campsite/kombi spotting pics for you and if you see anyone waving madly, yep, that'll be me. Still so happy to be back in a Kombi the waving is a little over enthusiastic at times :D

16. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Denise, there's no such thing as waving over enthusiastically at times. Every wave has the right amount of enthusiasm for the occasion. :)

I hope you and Stan have a wonderful trip too. Don't worry about the house - it's being looked after by a 19 year old. It's in perfectly good hands! :rolleyes:

All you guys have to worry about is getting everything you need in the Kombi for the trip, and then hitting the road. Easy! (I'm a little jealous, by the way)

17. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Just dont tell her exactly when you are coming back to keep her on her toes ;)

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Dont sweat over the house Di
    My son Paul is working at Beradoes in hastings st n said he would take all the crew down after work and 'check' things were ok
    cheers
    col

19. petegardem

petegardem Member

Hey guys ,
    if you make it down this far give us a call, I will be away this weekend and working the next but we may be able to arrange a time for a coffee or a beer or just a chat. I will PM my number.
    cheers
    Pete

20. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Cheers, Pete, if we make it that far we will give you a ring. We're heading south thismorning not sure where to yet. Billy is going brilliantly, we picked up an annex from BCF which is just perfect for the Kombi, will post pics when I get the chance. We've just spent a few days at Brunswick Heads, in a caravan park with internet access! Awesome! Highly recommended to all fellow Kombi club addicts :)