1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSW Holiday!

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Mountain Goat, Sep 19, 2008.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Safe trip. Was it one of the $99 ones they had the other week? Has 2 side pieces and you can use it from the slider or from over the rear hatch?

2. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Yes Melissa. $99 from BCF and worth every cent. We've had some really windy and rainy weather on this trip and it stood up to everything. The suction cups weren't quite strong enough but it is easy enough to tie it off to the driver ide mirror and back air vent. During the day we are able to just peg it down to the groud in a dome with all our gear underneath and drive off. It's just ideal.

3. melissa

Good work! I saw them in the catalogue. I bought mine too early - it was the earlier model with no side pieces for $49. I am thinking of setting it up at Old Bar as I havent used it yet.

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Judy, Rackie and I will be catching up with denise for lunch tomorrow in Byron if anyone else is able to join us please let me know.

Where's the nearest BFC to Nimbin....I want one of those annexes?

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Lorraine there is one not far from me if you can get here on Saturday a bit earlier we could detour past. I could ring and see if they have one and get it put away, let me know?

6. ruby6689

Yes please Michelle that sounds the go, could be easier than the campmobile tent to put up and a lot lighter.

7. melissa

8. ruby6689

Michelle has just picked one up for me :D Thanks Mish.

9. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Home again! Had an awesome trip and topped it off with a lovely lunch with Judy, Lorraine, Fay & Rackie in Byron on friday. Lovely to meet you all :)
    Here's some pics of the annex set up as promised...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Archeress

Archeress Guest

That annex look really nice denise..looks easy to set up too with the fibreglass poles..when it is on the ground like in the third pic...could you use it like a low tent as well?.

11. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

We stayed in pretty busy campsites the whole trip which turned out to be a lot of fun. Met one fellow Kombi clubber, Kev, at Brunswick Heads with a good looking oranger camper that was whipped off for some mechanical work before I could get a pic :( Got a couple waves while out on the road, probably spotted the most Kombi's around the Burleigh area on the way down on sat 21st, got one wave there from this nice orange bay...
    [​IMG]
    Had heaps of comments from other campers on how good Billy looked and what a great set-up we had, etc so that was pretty damn nice.

Favourite campsite was at Broken Head but I forgot to take pics. Kingscliffe was pretty awesome though...
    [​IMG]
    and so was Brunswick heads...
    [​IMG]

The shot with the annex folded down in the previous post was at Evan's head.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  12. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Hi Kellie :) Um, I guess you could if you had to but it doesn't have a floor or anything so not as comfortable as a real tent. I plan to pick up some sort of rollup rubber mat or something for next time we go away. I ended up getting a little doormat so we didn't walk so much sand and grass into the Kombi....it's not made to be pegged down the way we have there but we went away and left it like that all day in howling winds and driving rain with no problem at all. Everything inside stayed bone dry.

13. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

and how was the house? We did that once and the kids had a PARTEE! You guys have th exact colors we are planning on using and it looks better than I remember. We bought a brand new one that color in 1974

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  14. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

The house was fine thanks TY :) They ended up only staying a few days then friends came up and they all went back to brissy...they even tidied up and stacked the dishwasher but then didn't switch it on...urgh...smelly
    The blue we used is a Holden blue called Santa Monica Blue, though the paint shop messed it up a bit and we had to tweak it with a bit more red.

15. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Welcome back Denise and Stan

Welcome back Denise and Stan

Glad to hear your holiday was such a success ...... and fun as well.

Cheers
    Brett

16. ruby6689

Hi Denise and Stan, it was really nice to catch up with you two, you looked so relaxed. Glad you had a great time in our region, it's not a bad part of the world:D

The annex looks fantastic, Michelle picked one up for herself and I so there will be a few down at Old Bar, looks far easier than the Campmobile tent I have and struggle with, this one I can use on my own which will be great for my upcoming trip. The annex folds down so small too which is a bonus.

Hope to catch up again at Redcliffe soon

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Thanks for coming down & picking our neighbourhood to holiday in..
    Was a pleasure to meet you both finally..
    Catch up again soon at the Zoo
    Judy [​IMG]

18. petegardem

petegardem Member

Hi Denise & Stan ,
    looks like u had a really fun trip ( but then thats what kombi cruisin is all about ) .
    Sorry I didnt get to catch up with u guys this time as I was away on the Goldie .
    I didnt see any pics of Brooms Hd or Yamba or did u not make it down this far ,
    if not it just makes another exuse to call back again !!!
    Glad you had a good trip .
    Regards ,
    Pete;) ;)

19. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Hi Pete, We stayed as far south as Evan's head and on the really wet rainy day, wednesday I think, we drove down to Yamba for lunch at the Pub, we were keen to drive to Maclean but it got a bit late. I can assure you we will be back again soon :) we love that whole area, so much in fact so that we might move down there....!
    Judy, it was lovely to meet you finally, we'll see a bunch of you again soon at Redcliffe.
    Cheers,
    Denise

20. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

hey denis good to hear you are having a good time !!

i grew up inthat area and surfed angourie and lennox head in the good old days !!
    when you could still park in byron bay

catch up soon