1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil looking stuff leaking out of the body in my kombi?? can anyone help?!

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by Justin_101, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Justin_101

Justin_101 Member

hey. i noticed on my kombi today this black liquid coming out of the middle of the rear quater and my rear side panel. i have no idea what it is. or where it is coming from, its also dripping down and splashing onto my brand new paint :(
    does anyone know what it could be or where i should look. i cant see anything from in the engine bay but will have a better look tomorrow.
    here is a pic i just took see the black oily stuff in the middle there :/

[​IMG]

2. Justin_101

Justin_101 Member

think i have found what it is, someone has put some tar stuff under where the battery and some rag looking thing, i got no idea what has happened there in the past. but at least now i know what it is an shouldnt wreck my paint.

3. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

Hard to tell conclusively ,but I have similar looking ooze from rear left hand side staining mud flap , turns out to be rust proofing / fish oil over kill ! Me to blame .
    Perhaps same ?
    Cheers Mark

4. Justin_101

Justin_101 Member

yep i think your right, mine is the same, it seems to ooze out once the engine bay is warm, must heat up an run out. not a major issue... i dont think haha

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Better than metal cancer!

6. Justin_101

Justin_101 Member

thats right! just got rid of all that, dont need anymore! hehe