1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oils ain't oils!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by auschook, Feb 27, 2013.

1. auschook

auschook Member

I have a 76 2 litre fuel injected manual aircooled kombi and am planning my first road trip in her. I am wondering spares i should take with me, i have a few like clutch cable, accelerator cable, sparkplugs, fuses and bulbs etc. I also want to take some engine oil but what type do my fellow kombi lovers recommend ???
    Cheers and thanx guys
    Jools

2. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I would also recommend a spare fan belt and fuel filter, and the tools to do basic repairs on the side of the road.

3. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

I never travel without my plastic (Premium NRMA Roadside Assist :) ), just incase there is a catastrophic failure.
    There are some good threads on here that will be of interest, if you are taking a laptop or IPad thingy, it may be worth bookmarking them:
    www.thebusstop.com.au :)
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?30614-Service-Parts-made-easy-for-parts-stores
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?32-How-To-amp-Handy-Hints

There is a thread that lists heaps Kombi service centres around the country, but i just can't put my find=ger on it right now, pwerhaps one of our other frienmdly KC members has it book marked??

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

5. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

I notice we still haven't addressed your Oil Question.. :)

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

stick to the same oil used for the oil change fill if possible.
    must have a high zinc content. Ask your mechanic what he filled it with last and have a container of same if poss in the van
    col

7. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Ace30 Brad Penn and i've found morris to be good as well.