1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Otto's Orange Kombi

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by saabman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

wow Ive just been poing through this thread and to relise I havent updated it in close to 3 years - time flies when your having fun. weve managed to pop out another on in that time (kid that is :rolleyes: ) here’s the crew 9AA00C46-0821-4BB4-B542-635CF2DFF130.jpeg

I’ve swapped places with my wife and I’ve taken a fair bit of time of work so am slowly getting some progress on the Kombi !

all the body is now in primer ! Hmm that photo seems to have gone AWOL.

I’ve come to the realization that despite all my best intentions shaping metal accurately is not one of my strong points and as hard as I try I just can’t get it smooth - this is definitely going to be one of these vans you look at from 10 paces ..

Any way pressure is on need to get the body back together before I go back to work next year

TeeBee, Ninga, Syncro27 and 1 other person like this.
  2. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

sounds like a good idea Saabman, a bit of elbow grease and TLC and another one is back where it should be ,as Willie Nelsons hit song says ......".On the road again";););) :D........should be a breeze with all that help...............lol

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Bernie, if you were using photobucket to host the pictures then with their direction to cease 3rd party hosting :eek: (this is storing pictures on photobucket then uploading them here) and holding account holders to ransom to pay them for the privilege :( they watermark the photo now if you are under your account storage limit OR if over then nothing shows & if you have deleted any pictures to free up storage then they will no longer appear (your deletion is not their fault as the picture is gone from being able to be downloaded).
    Best way to post pictures is to now Upload a File (see bottom right hand corner of the screen next to Post Reply) direct from your computer ;) - size must be under 1MB ..... if you have to resize then try to get the size 500kb or less :D .... yeah a pain in the bum particularly for those who use a mobile phone or tablet as those devices do not allow a VGA size picture for ease of posting on the forum - some places do auto re-sizing but this doesn't ..... other option if you use a phone to take the picture is to SMS it or email as that choice can do auto resizing :rolleyes:

4. saabman

I used to use Photobucket and with the debacle a number of years ago I deleted my photobucket account just before a work around was implemented.

the AWOL image was one i thought I had taken last week but I had taken a photo before the undercoat went on.

I push the old girl out into the sun again soon to make room to work on the doors so
    I snap some more pics.

chris taylor likes this.
  5. chris taylor

Yep i gave up on photobucket long long time ago. Just a real pain in the proverbial.

I now down load straight off the phone and providing its 1 mb or less it seems to work fine .
    Im not an expert on these things but it works for me ok
    The settings i use on this phpne are ...
    Camera 18.9 (3.1mp) ...2560 x 1216.
    Video... 1290 x 720

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. saabman

Yeah when I upload from the phone (iPhone) I get the option to select the image size so it’s nice and easy now. It used to be a PITA.

7. chris taylor

Hahaha. I know what you mean.
    Its the best way to do it now ....( providing you can get 1 mb or less) from yr phone .

8. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Gosh, Bernie, you have been busy!
    What a cute (yet slightly mischievous looking :D) little tribe you have there.

Regards to you and the crew from Paul and I.
    Cheers,
    Chrissy. :)

chris taylor likes this.