1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"OZ", my Syncro Campervan for Down Under - REALLY pic heavy

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by kleinersyncro, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

We convoyed together with both of them most of the way to Old Bar last year. ;)

2. kleinersyncro

kleinersyncro Active Member

Just realising, it’s a long time since the last update :eek: time is just flying :confused:

Quick review from a few month back, playing in mud with the Amarok :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A dirty, but welcoming change from work - unfortunately the weather was too wet an we couldn’t test full capacity of the Amarok vs Syncro, I bet the Amarok would have lost :cool:
    Try it again next year...

And actually OZ let me down... fist Time really since I took care of him. Wanted to go to the Nationals up in Sydney earlier this year, but the clutch slave cylinder just let go :mad: Had a bit of a feeling this may happen soon, so replacement was already ready to been thrown in!
    It‘s hard to manoeuvre a Syncro down in the carpark not being able the to disengage the clutch...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luckily it didn’t take too long to fix, but I did let go the trip to the Nationals - maybe there was something good in it :rolleyes:

Syncro27 likes this.
  3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice planning to get the replacement ;) ....... positive is that it failed @ home and not out on the road :confused:

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Like the brakes, the most annoying part of a hydraulic clutch slave replacement is getting the air out of the system. Slightly messy too.

At least that is a job you shouldn't have to do for another couple of hundred thousand kms.

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I can't understand what the problem is with bleeding them? I have done a few and mechanics I know have done many without any problems. (Brakes or clutch) Maybe people are not doing something correctly?

6. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Its bleeding anything is a pain.

Maybe not for experts like you Phill?

7. kleinersyncro

I was already worried when I felt it the first time back at my trip with Pete, I won’t be able to make it home (had around 400k‘s to go + Mel traffic ahead). Touch wood, got home with no problems. Even going around town for a little while was fine, but always had my mind it could fail every second - and it just happened when I wanted to go for the big drive :confused: Sure OZ just wanted to tell me, it’s not a good idea to go - and it was it indeed as too much was going on at home :oops:

Syncro27 likes this.
  8. kleinersyncro

Agree with that Scott, took forever to bleed the clutch! The maintenance guy in my block helped me, pumping the pedal... and it took ages to get all the air out o_O

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Syncro27 likes this.
  9. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

With T3s or all cars? I've bled a lot of cars over 40 years and never had a problem or worked with anyone that has had a problem.

Maybe the person pumping the pedal isn't coordinating properely?