1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pancakes & Petrol

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by VanAime, Oct 17, 2009.

1. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Got a tip from one of our KC members (thanks Sam) that the Ballarat VW club was holding it's second big function day at one of the Ballarat members homesteads on the outskirts of town, so I decided to go along for a look. Some members from the VW Victoria club and the Bendigo club were also in attendance. The day was called "Pancakes and Petrol" and it was an excellent day indeed.

The owner (Peter) had really pulled out all stops to make this event the wonderful day it was, despite the inclement Ballarat weather. It was held in his mega huge workshop and this guy obviously love his Volkswagens, and splitties in particular. On entering the property, I spotted the full front of what must have once been a very rusty splitty leaning against the mailbox. But first things first!!

We were advised to catch up with the Bendigo club in the Sovereign Hill car park where two low-lights, a couple of bugs and at least three Porsches had already arrived. The Porsche Club exhibited several of their very nice ( and fast) vehicles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's about when my camera batteries died. My friend has loads of other shots of the event on his camera and I'll download them to my laptop tomorrow morning and post up a few more juicy pics including a fully restored Porsche Junior single cylinder diesel tractor and a '57 single cab that's currently undergoing a full restoration. The bill on that one alone is around the $40,000 already. This guy doesn't do things by half!! I'll try to get the entire event in order of happening from arrival at the property until departure time, but you'll have to wait until Sunday evening for the rest.

2. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Opps

Sorry about that:eek: The next shot should have been..........

[​IMG]

3. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

Thanks fore the Pics Ye Peter is a great guy pity I could not make it

Where the Pancakes shapes of Dubs???

4. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

No quite, but they did feature the VW emblem. A shot of one will be amongst the pictures I'm retrieving this morning. Will post a few more later this afternoon;)

Yep. You missed a great day Beerdoc, but I believe it's on again next year. Loved watching the engine assembly races, to the point whereby I almost put my name down for a go, but unfortunately the day was so cool, I couldn't feel the tips of my fingers as we strolled amongst the various vehicles on display, so gave it a miss:lol:

5. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Breakfast's up

Hectic day yesterday and didn't get to post any more pics as promised, but here they are now..........

VW pancakes

[​IMG]

Kombi line-up

[​IMG]

How cool is this?

[​IMG]

6. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Outside the shed

Some of the outdoor displays

A few Carmen Ghias

[​IMG]

Engine assembly racing

[​IMG]

Porsche tractor

[​IMG]

7. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Back inside

The shed was laden with VW memorabilia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost finished '57 SC

[​IMG]

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

An excellent day all round and a big thanks to Peter who provided the venue and organised the event with the help of the Ballarat VW Club, the Porsche Club and I believe the Bendigo VW Club was also involved. Can't wait until next year.

9. Mama Nalin

Mama Nalin New Member

Love those pancakes! Great idea, a nice touch. Looks like a nice day.

10. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

It was a great day, apart from the weather. The owner had prepared a huge area for the various displays, but the drizzle made it impossible to use it without a couple of tractors to pull the exhibits out again. He was more than a bit disappointed, but hopes the weather will be better next year.

Ballarat has a reasonable amount of people interested in all things VW and the recently formed Ballarat VW Club holds regular events.

11. pats

pats Member

love the pics amy, i would have loved to have joined in :( ....next year! love pats. xo
    PS. how do i find out more re ballarat vw club?

12. b_rat_volks61

b_rat_volks61 New Member

hi~
    shoot me your email & i will sort you with info~cheers!
    def next year?? we have got lots coming up~
    Sime

13. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Sorry Pats. Missed your post. I've been busy attending to my pre fire season clean-up.

As the post below says, send an email and all will be explained. Now it's becoming too risky to do any more burning off, I'll be sending in my application for membership ASAP.

14. pats

pats Member

no worries amy :), a ballarat club will be great although i'm busy enough too at the moment with vw happenings, of course loving it though!! when passing through ballarat yesterday after revolks i met up with a lovely young bloke who is doing up a couple of kombi's, i didn't have any info on the ballarat club, bet mentioned to him to check out the kc club & he should be able to find some info on the ballarat club.

sime did you get my email last week? if not my email address is ramblingypsies@iprimus.com.au. hope to hear from you soon.

love pats.xo

15. b_rat_volks61

b_rat_volks61 New Member

hi,
    yea all sorted email posted, cheers
    Sime~