1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panelbeater recommedations Melb

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Marty, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Marty

Marty Active Member

I'm looking to get some quotes for a full respray with some rust work also.
    Can anyone recommend any good places in Melb (preferrably that they've had similar work done with)?
    We're in the western suburbs but anywhere in Melb is fine.
    I'm not looking for showroom stuff, just decent work at a reasonable price.

Also what are the pitfalls to avoid when getting something like this done?

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Did you check out the Kombi Services Map in the Stuck threads?

3. Live&Direc

Live&Direc Member

Go Marty!

We just got Bert done at Aus VW Performance Centre in Croydon - get it back tomorrow in fact. We'd hoped for just a quick rust cut and spray, but the cancer was everywhere... They are very professional, but certainly not cheap.

Let me know if you find somewhere good out west, and good luck!

- Rowan

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Geeze Rowan, I know I'm old and crusty :oops: but never been to VW performance although a good lube and valve grind and de-coke could do me some good

Cheers,
    Bert :p

PS. just kidding seeing names are the same and more surpisingly spelt correctly

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

I have dealings with Steve at TLC in Moorabbin ...all good to date...he is not far from me which I think is important so its convenient too
    he seems to have a different kombi in the workshop everytime I visit which must be a good thing
    I have dealings with Steve at TLC in Moorabbin ...all good to date...he is not far from me which I think is important so its convenient too
    he seems to have a different kombi in the workshop everytime I visit which must be a good thing?
    His number
    he seems to have a different kombi in the workshop everytime I visit which must be a good thing?
    His number 0423 872 183 ...mention my name Jerome...so I get a discount next time...ha ha

6. skat66

skat66 Member

Good luck Rowan with Bert. I had Wayne done at VW Performance, had some post work problems both with paint and with mechanical. Paint bubbling after 3 years!!! Had to get an oil cooler installation completely re done. Front Beam welding was very poor. Spent $10k to do and $5k to fix, go figure. Currently having work done on my ’64 SC by VW Dubwerks in Geelong Ian Terry Phn 0425 304675 Have looked at his work and it looks good.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  7. a11djr

a11djr New Member

If it were me I'd be going to Autoshape Restaration in Geelong. Best quality work in the area, and a good price too. If you want the best give Hodgey a ring.
    Knows VW's inside out and excellent paint work.
    Paul - 0490 033 225

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015