1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parts suppliers

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by dakresto, Sep 10, 2009.

1. dakresto

dakresto Member

Is it me or does everybody have trouble with parts suppliers in Australia?

I order some parts from Australia ,Pay via credit card and spend the next 2 weeks chasing them through aussie post ,couriers please only to find they were not sent? and its my fault?:rolleyes:

I order online ,choose parts by pictures etc , check stock and then order a pallet of parts from the U.S and can track ,ring any time to check and 2 weeks later they are at my door.
    They ring me ,send Emails to see if all is Ok.;)
    This country has a lot to learn ! and don't get up me for ordering outside of Australia? if the same service was here, well you no!

Please Note; That this does not include Roy ,he has been fantastic to me only he does not have all the parts I would like, lets just hope we all support him so he can stock more parts.

2. missing

missing New Member

I would agree with you 110%! With the exception of Roy at The Bus Stop (Who I cant praise enough) Ive had so many problems that I gave up on all other places. If i cant go into a shop and order over the counter I dont order. And yes I too have been told its my fault for missing / wrong items.

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Some just don't have their act together and it is disappointing.

I needed a part which was only available in UK or Canada and I chose Canada for a couple of reasons but as their on line purchasing system could not handle shipment to Oz I got hit with both local and OS postage even though a refund was promised it never happened so I wrote it off to a lesson in life.

4. Frank

Frank Active Member

Hi, i have also found the service from the Bus Stop to be excellent. I have bought quite a few bits and pieces and never been disappointed.

5. kombibob

kombibob New Member

I have had good service from Roy and great service from Classic veedub in Sydney usualy parts are on my doorstep the next day.

6. dakresto

dakresto Member

I would like to order from Australia but find it a lot easier to source from overseas.
    The fact that I will spend in excess of $10 grand on my kombi just in parts does not seem to matter to the last people I placed an order with?
    I use the computer a lot to order parts and have done for years , its convenient as a lot of the time I can see what I am ordering without taking up a sales persons time , I think they are better helping the bloke at the counter!
    The internet is a powerfull tool and I have no doubt it will be the way we buy everything in the future.
    I buy brake and clutch parts from a guy that says without the net he would not have a business, but he has a well thought out web site with pricing, pictures and stock etc and he sends the stuff when you order!!!!!
    Cheers

7. dakresto

dakresto Member

Got my parts today?
    Funny thing is there are a few things missing from the order,like the valve guides that were not in stock hence one of the many reasons I was told they were 2 weeks late. Oh and the fact that it is the 11/9 today and the invoice is dated the 9/9,the same date as the credit card transaction? But I was assured they were sent last week?

I did have my doubts when everytime I asked where the parts were and I was asked what I had ordered? not my name ? I left out just a couple of things, guess which ones did not show up?
    I will have to ring up again for the 8th time and I suppose it will be my fault again!
    Very poor service , not CLASSIC service.:umm:

I am having second thoughts if I will take the chance again, this resto may take longer than I thought.