1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perth Machine Shop fo 2 litre overhaul

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by John Fenn, Aug 23, 2018.

1. John Fenn

John Fenn New Member

Hi Guys,

I finally got my 76 Kombi together, licensed and running and discover it is blows blue smoke. I can take the engine out and take all the tin and stuff off, but I need some recommendations for a machine shop to split the case and refresh the bottom end and match it to new pots and pistons etc. It is a 2 litre fuel injected motor. Thanks to European Auto in Midland the electrons are all well behaved.

I am running out of money so I need to do as much of this as I can.

Any recommendations in Perth area please???

Attached Files:

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

2lt F/I a bit special (rare) but the engines the same. Good luck with your search. You may want to ship it to 1500king on here. Contact Volksdoktor (Adelaide). Andrew gets my recommendation;).
    Cheers

grumble likes this.
  3. lachie

lachie Member

transport costs can be surprisingly low if the business has negotiated a special rate with transport company, and gives you a lot more choices.

David H likes this.
  4. Mellow Yellow 74

Mellow Yellow 74 Active Member

You would use a machine shop to do the boring etc if you were doing it yourself - you need an engine rebuilder.

5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

6. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

This^^. We can do it, or would recommend V-Dub Repairs & Spares in Freo. Either way your motor would need to be pulled down and checked over, clearances measured etc before anything gets machined.
    You're welcome to call us for a chat/quote, we're in Rockingham - https://www.facebook.com/Motor-Trend-Service-Centre-Rockingham-323879318028706/

Grantus and cbus like this.
  7. John Fenn

John Fenn New Member

Thanks guys.
    Did an oil change and found the old oil filter was leaking onto and into the left heather box, so that was part of the problem. Thanks for the links will talk to those guys when I get some money.

8. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

9. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I would look at a compression and leak down test before you pull stuff off. That might buy you some time as it may not be as bad as you think.

Adrian

10. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Pfft I wish! The bosses toy...