1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

petrol

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chris taylor, Jul 3, 2017.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Has anybody taken notice ,when filling up at the servo that the 95 oct fuel lines have been taken out and the hose holes blocked off , have been to two different BP OTRs in the last 3 weeks and can only get 91 or 98 oct ,asked the attendant but they do not know whats happening , dont recall seeing any notification in regards to this subject.

Mordred likes this.
  2. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I thought they were talking about getting rid of 91, not 95, and not until 2020. Seems strange that they are doing this.

Adrian

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Have not noticed that around here.

4. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Also haven't notice any changes at the pump. It's just not SA going totally Green:D

chris taylor likes this.
  5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

In Qld have noticed 95 harder to find - E10 replacing 91 - 98 20cents P/L more expensive (only use this in the Type3). I do not get the performance or kph benefit from 98 but expect the engine is happier.
    Depends on the servo also but mandate from the union/green controlled state gov't up here.

6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Nothing like that going on in Sydney, as far as I can see.....
    Cheers,
    Mark

Jerome likes this.
  7. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that at a few servos on the NSW Central Coast too.....

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

It's a "no brainer" roll out by the outlets for more profit, isn't it?

If they delete 95, and only offer 91 or 98, how many current 95 customers will choose 91? :rolleyes:

syncro likes this.
  9. Gordon D

Gordon D Active Member

Couple of stations round here (Brisbane Southside) have split the 91 and E10 pumps but pretty sure that they still had 95. Mind you, I am usually at Caltex's cause of Woollies points ;)

10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I am Caltex too, coz it's the only available, (closest 5 petrol stations are all Caltex).

I'd rather actually use BP, but there is only 5 outlets across the whole of the ACT, and none close enough....:(

11. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hasn't BP bought some of the Woolworths Caltex outlets ? If they have then maybe a BP will be closer to you :rolleyes:

12. chris taylor

Initially ,i thought they had just run out of 95,but then noticed the hose and nozzles had been removed and a plate covered the hose outlet. Like others i to thought 91 was the one going , also when around in the Riverland area.s usually cannot get 95, but only 91 or 98, may be now expanding to city areas.

13. chris taylor

Have been searching around the I T and found a site called { Whirlepool Forums } Lot of enquiries on there in regards to this subject.

14. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Yeah I had noticed a lack of 95 recently.

I used to put in the SAAB now I just use 91 instead.

15. chris taylor

How long before they do away with E10 pumps, if they add 9.9% ethanol to all fuels instead of 10% as far as i know they do not have to notify anyone. Is there any way of testing to find out .

16. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

There are test kits available Chris.
    http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-Teste...3A5d3a42e915d0a866dd55aeb9fffecda5%7Ciid%3A18

This one seems to work by adding water to a sample of fuel and noting the separation effects. It was just the first one I saw

Just on the ethanol thing I find this article quiet interesting it does away with all the emotional charged bullshit when dealing with contentious issues and has what appears to be just the details. And how to deal with it in older vehicles like our kombis.

Well worth a read.

http://www.mossmotors.com/SiteGraphics/Pages/ethanol.html

syncro likes this.
  17. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

On our travels have noticed different states seem to have different fuels available? In NSW Shell only seem to have 95 ethanol but in Vic 95 is real petrol. E fuels across the range will be a bummer for older vehicles!

18. chris taylor

Hi Saabman.
    Have enjoyed the read regards the Perils of using ethanol fuels in earlier make of cars . so as far as i can see ,the problems i have experienced in the last three weeks or so appear to be the same as described in this article RUNNING ROUGH , STALLING .AND MISFIRING , i never gave a thought to the fuel, yesterday i filled up with 95 oct bought at another brand outlet and the van is running sweet again. Hope that this was the problem , time will tell . I know that there is a certain amount consternation about using a higher octain fuel in kombis but if by some chance they are putting Ethanol in 91 and not saying any thing then what do we do. So for me at the moment , will be staying with 95 {if available or 98 if not }, just hope they will not add ethanol to them.
    Just when you learn all the answers they bloody well change all the questions :confused:
    Thanks Saabman

Regards Chris :):cool:

Wayne murray likes this.