1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photobucket fix!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Barry, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I have got all my pictures back upon AVD - just had to copy a couple of spares.

Another thing I have found is i tried using the Chrome add in thing.

It allows you to see the banned PB photos - but stops you seeing the ~original fixes

Sheesh - man it gets hard!

Grantus likes this.
  2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Well done....... :)

How are us “mere mortals” meant to do it, or is PB relying on the fact that most of us are the same? :(

3. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

You lads are LEGENDS! Thankyou!:):cool:

oldman likes this.
  4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

The "~original" fix does not seem to work anymore. Any fixes part 2?

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Phill, haven't seen anything to fix the latest $hit move from botophucket :confused: ..... last time I went to my account it said I had exceeded my limit even though I had deleted a to get it to the size they required BUT can't access the account until I pay up $$$:mad: .... Some pictures I have on the computer and some not so not getting phased by it ;)

6. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I am having the same issues.☹

7. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Why do you keep bothering with this S#!^ you don't normally put up with this type of crap for to long:(:mad:

David H likes this.
  8. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Very outspoken for you @Wayne murray and I totally agree with you. Didn't you fbucket users learn a lesson last time:rolleyes:.
    Cheers

9. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

That's why I said it,as they haven't:oops:.:rolleyes:

10. David H

Destined to continue decisions of the past hoping for a different outcome:(.
    Life doesn't work like that:p. If you make the same decision you'll get the same outcome usually.
    Cheers

11. KahunaKombi

Learnt the lesson early on and don't use it anymore ..... wanted to access my account to get back some pictures I had uploaded direct from the digital camera which could be done but now you have to pay before you can access your account.

12. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

From day one I posted copies of all my pics from my computer, still got all of the originals. :)

13. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

There's no need to host photos anywhere for them to appear here. Just upload them directly. That has the advantage of them not falling victim to capricious decisions such as photobucket's. In any event you never want to have a 3rd party as the only source of your photos. Keep them safe on your computer and back them up to multiple destinations including online storage if you have the throughput (unlike my forlorn connection)

If you are a cool, tech is everything, dude who thinks you only need your phone and desktop computers are so last century then make sure you chose a reliable online provider or two or three. But beware. Apple and Adobe have both shut down online services in the past informing users to download their data while they still have a chance.

TeeBee, David H, KahunaKombi and 3 others like this.
  14. Whitie

Whitie Well-Known Member

Since Photof#*%wit played games with us I moved to 'Pixlr editor' for editing & posting photos
    Works ok, its free. Go to the site then 'open image from computer' select & open photo & then save back to computer to the desired pixels
    Simples

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    David H likes this.
  15. KahunaKombi

Good advice Greg :) ..... I've got photos stored on the computer which is backed up to an external drive and the most important photos are also on a USB Drive :D ..... think they may also go up to the cloud :rolleyes:

If getting an external drive to backup to I'd suggest to go twice the capacity of your computer hard drive if you're using the proprietary backup software as it will store 3 copies of files in a hierarchy style system (my Western Digital drive does it this way) ;)

wirrah likes this.
  16. David H

I use pixlr editor also & 3 external drives as backups (paranoid me!)
    Cheers