1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo's disappearing off page

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by roverbay, Aug 7, 2020.

1. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Can someone explain why my photos disappear off my post please

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

No idea Ernie, they’re certainly not being removed by Admin.
    Cheers,
    Mark

roverbay likes this.
  3. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

I've checked your "Performance Thread" and see some recent photos are there but older ones just have an IMG and box in place of where the photo was.

Are you posting the pictures from a picture hosting site? ...... it does not look like you are using the Upload a File (see middle icon in lower right hand corner of post reply box) but my assumption may be wrong.

If posting from a picture hosting site then possibly your album size has been exceeded or they've done a photobucket and stopped 3rd party hosting ..... possibly you'll need to contact them and see what has happened.

If you have deleted photos from a hosting site then they will no longer appear in the posts on here either.

Using the Upload a File on here ensures the pictures remains on here ..... photo/picture size must be under 1MB but if you can get down to under 250kb (requires photo editing if not using a digital camera on VGA setting) it is better in regards to storage space taken up of that allocated by the forum hosting site.

Hope that sheds some light on the possibilities as to why :rolleyes:

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Have gone through the entire thread and see tatoo from photobucket on some photos .... some with no longer available on photobucket (generally user deleted from account) .... other with the square and IMG which may indicate they have been removed or blocked from 3rd party site as mentioned above.

oldman likes this.