1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible purchase any thoughts

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by omelette81, Nov 11, 2013.

1. omelette81

omelette81 Active Member

Hey peoples

Seen this on eBay and would like to get some ideas and thoughts off anyone who might have some helpful hints or tips what to look for or what you think
    Item number 111209431935
    Grateful for anything
    Thanks
    Timmo.
    :cool:

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Timmo, spend a bit of time & check out the Stickies at the start of this Section.
    Just about everything you want to know about buying a kombi is in there somewhere....
    Cheers, Mark

3. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Go and have a look at it if you can , what's your budget ? Your going to need deep pockets if you can't do the work yourself.

4. omelette81

omelette81 Active Member

Can do everything but body work (could do but not very good at it) 10k plus a bit of savings maybe!

5. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Hmmm, body work / rust is probably your biggest drama if it's bad, to be honest in my experience 10k is not a whole lot for a Resto especially if that includes your purchase price ?! If your willing to give it a crack , do the work yourself and you just want a bus you can run around in and not a shiny schmick bus then have a go and take your time. Like I said if you or someone can have a good look at it then better than taking a gamble on a few pics on the net. Hopefully not putting you off , just trying to be realistic about what it's going to cost.

6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Don't want to rain on your parade, but.....avg. price for a shell: 10k, engine - anything up to that again for a mild ride, panel & paint - another 15k, trimming - the sky is the limit, suspension & brakes - 5k,electrics etc., etc......
    Go into this project with your eyes wide open otherwise you'll be poor for a very long time - or stuck with a project you won't/cannot finish. Lots have been down this path.
    Do your research thoroughly. Cheers, Mark

7. omelette81

omelette81 Active Member

Thanks all so far all good comments I am planning to go see it so I will make sure I have good look in all the special places where rust maybe destroying this bus.
    Timmo

8. Jack360

Jack360 Member

Lots of work there, bummer about the windows being cut in too. Good it's got a running motor though, do your research Timmo

9. REB

REB Active Member

needs a bulkhead too.
    maybe wait for something a bit more complete