1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power bracelet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by malibu, May 13, 2010.

1. malibu

malibu Member

I'm interested if any KC members use Power Balance bracelets and do they work?According to the blurbs, they improve your balance which in turn improves your surfing.What are your thoughts?

2. TheYorkieBar

TheYorkieBar Active Member

I think they have been around the golf scene for a while...

ive heard positive things - but dont have one myself!

3. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

4. Natwest

Natwest Member

Wow, great link Saabman!!!

Basically for those of you that dont have the time to read the entire page and watch the two video clips that are there also, this is it in a nutshell.

The gentleman who is the rep for this product in Australia was given six random individuals and performed a number of strength and balance tests on all of them without the bracelet. The six people were then all given a power-band and were given the test again. All of them showed an improvement in strength and balance.

Then all six poeple faced the wall while another person placed in the back pocket of one of the six people a card that had the hollogram on it, which is the source of the power-bands power, and the other people were given cards such as bank cards/library cards etc. All 6 people were given the strength and balance test, but the rep was unable to pick out the person who had the power-band card. The test was done again with a different person having the power-band card, and again the person with the card could not be picked out.

They then gave all 6 people a power-band again, but 5 of the six bands had the hologram removed, meaning it was just a normal rubber arm band. Only one of the six people had the real power-band. For a third time, the person with the real power-band could not be picked out.

Make your own conclusions from this info, I have made mine :)

5. alienboy

alienboy Member

it could be as simple as once someone has pushed you off balance,
    the next time they try it, you are ready for it - thats when they add
    the bracelet... see it on the video

6. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

I have a Power Ring, does that count?

"In brightest day, in blackest night......"

C'mon work with me people!:wtf:

7. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

"no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might......."

8. lowlight lad

lowlight lad Member

I wear one and i find it really good. I was sceptical at first but i had a few tests done on me and saw it done on other people and i really think it works. Improves balance and flexibility. i think it helps with skating and surfing

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

All in the mind - bullshit baffles brains :wtf:

10. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

What happens is when $60 is taken from your wallet, it lightens your wallet, meaning the asymmetry of your arse is better balanced. So yes, it works.

If you want to improve your balance, improve your balance. There's no shortcut to anywhere worth going.

That can be done with improved core strength for starters. I don't know a lot about balance training in people without disabilities, but there a heaps of ways to improve balance if it's compromised. I bet it's the same for surfing. Go have a yarn with a physio with that $60.

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

I have had one for past 4 months, dont feel any different. I always tell people it is all in the mind. Im sure if i cut a piece of a bike tube and wore it i would still be the same only 60 bucks better of.:lol: As for balance well i dont fall over when had to much to drink, but i never fell over before i started wearing it either.:lol: I didnt pay for it so will just keep wearing it.
    All to their own i guess, everyone will say how they feel wearing it. good or bad.

12. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I have decided I am going into business and selling my own hand-made fair-trade non-sweat-shop power bracelets - and I will be selling them for just $40 each including KC discount, or $50 for Jon Ward. I have been wearing my own for years now and I am unquestionably very well-balanced, børk børk børk. :rolleyes:

13. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

AHA, a chip on both shoulders. :lol:

14. lowlight lad

lowlight lad Member

Even if it is in your mind. If it makes you balance better its still working.

15. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Wow! Must get one of these bracelets. My balance is terrible.

Of course if I stopped drinking, that might help too:umm:

But in all seriousness, things like this have come and gone over the years. Remember that thing Peter Brock practically staked his career on?? Some device that was fitted under the bonnet of any car to improve it's performance. And don't forget all those plans for running you car on water. And before anyone shoots me down on the latter, yes, it does work, but the energy required to transform the water into hydrogen is slightly more than the energy returned by the burning of the hydrogen, so it's a no go.

I always err on the side of caution when shelling out good money for this sort of thing:wtf:

16. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

but if you align the axis of the hydrogen attoms when they are bound to the oxygen atoms with the polar axis of the sun on a tuesday after a full moon then you produce enough hydrogen to power sanfransico for a week :D

17. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: