1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROGRAM OF EVENTS - BUS STOP 2015

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2015' started by ruby6689, Mar 23, 2015.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

PROGRAM

This year we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Kombi Club and it is our 9th Bus Stop.

Please note all times are EST so interstaters please reset your clocks.
    'Our Mate's Place' Coffee Kombi will be on site Saturday and Sunday mornings from 7.00am if you wish to purchase some great fresh coffee.

Friday 3rd
    6.00 pm
    Meet and Greet Sausage Sizzle at the Camp Kitchen.
    Sausage sandwiches will be provided, BYO drink, other food of choice and chair.
    Information Bags and name tags will be given out so we request if everyone could please be present.
    We will be entertained by local performer Errol Gray, please show appreciation by way of a coin or two.

Saturday 4th
    9.00 am Sharp
    Group Photo. Please be ready to leave the park at 9.00am. The convoy will be lead by Luke of 'My Mates Place' Coffee Kombi through Sawtell to the location at Eagle Copters, Aviation Dr, Coffs Harbour Airport.

Whilst there we will be cutting the 10th Anniversary cake supplied by Roy the founder of Kombi Club.

departing at approx. 10.30am to start the cruise.

The Convoy Cruise. Lead by Tony White 'Whitie' will then take us into Bellingen where we will be cruising through the town at approx. 12pm and back to park up at the Golf Club for approx. 2 hours to allow time for everyone to get lunch and explore the town of Bellingen. The Club also offers an $8.50/$10 lunch for those just wanting to relax and stay around the Kombis. Then we will convoy back to the Caravan Park arriving around 3.00pm.

6.00 pm
    Gala Dinner is being held in the Bowling Club, a 5 min walk from the Caravan Park. This is a fun filled night where we all get to dress up (Op Shop Style) eat, drink, laugh and enjoy the company of our fellow members. There will be prizes for the best dressed, lucky door prizes and the usual or more correctly 'unusual' Bus Stop award presentations.

* Daylight savings ends so you get an extra hour to party. Please set your clocks back before going to bed.

Sunday 5th

8.00 am
    Children's Easter Egg hunt - please gather outside the games room (next to the office) and Melissa, our Easter Bunny will lead the children to the hunt area. Please remember the Red and Yellow eggs are to be left for the under 5's so they get their fair share.

FREE TIME TO VISIT MARKETS, SHOP, SURF, SWIM, ENJOY SAWTELL AND IT'S SURROUNDS OR SIMPLY RELAX.

4.00 PM
    Let the Toy Kombi races begin. The races will be held in the car park of the Swimming Pool opposite the Office. The 'Race Master' Al and his pit crew will be waiting to scrutineer the entries. This is for all ages so please make sure your little ones have a pull back Kombi to enter as well as the 'Big Kids'.
    Clothes swap/giveaway after races, same location. Please bring your items with you.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  2. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Well-Known Member

I'm finding it hard to keep my mind on work at the moment

paul77, Whitie, Ninga and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Wow!! Way to go Lorraine, sounds excellent!

Chrissy.

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg likes this.
  4. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Lorraine,
    Firstly many thanks to you and the team for all your hard work already done for Busstop 15. It's shaping as a great event.

In the interests of everyone attending all the events without drama, it may be worth making it clear in your program that the Fri and Sat events are as per NSW Daylight Saving time; and Sun events will be as per Eastern Standard Time because of the Daylight saving rolling back early Sun am.

I suppose the worst that could happen is people will arrive an hour earlier!

Cheers and looking forward to a great Busstop. John

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Great job, so so so excited

6. ruby6689

Thanks for that, we were going to mention end of Daylight savings at the dinner but will put it on the program now.

7. Marlyn

Marlyn Active Member

"I suppose the worst that could happen is people will arrive an hour earlier!" KombiKapers
    Hey John I'm already here ( Sawtell ) !! "..".....................................bugger I have to work
    Meetem Seatem Treatem Streetem next please ............go home come back next week
    IN THE KOMBI :)

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

It has been bought to my attention that some people are having trouble navigating around the forum. If you would like some help, come and find me and we will sit down and work it out. I will have my net book with me and hopefully I can show you some of the tricks learnt from being here too much! I draw the line at showing you on a phone.
    Friday afternoon before the meet and greet BBQ, Saturday afternoon after our cruise or some other time if you can find me
    :)

9. Titch

Titch Active Member

If, I, a 79 year old computer illiterate can work my way around the forum and gain info on any things kombi that I need to get my old heap moving again then others are not trying! If you wish to disagree I will be at site 35.

Miss Rosie, stusbus and Marlyn like this.
  10. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

^x2 gotta agree with you on that…..
    Cheers,
    Mark

11. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

What do you drink ffor KC computer master classes Melissa??

12. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Rekorderlig (sp?) cider Al.

13. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Take note if you want priority! "Hi Melissa, thought you may like to enjoy this while we work thru of the wonders KC!"

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Haha - nice gesture, but I honestly would show anyone who had any questions on how to navigate around the forum for nothing.

ruby6689 likes this.
  15. ruby6689

Please keep an eye on the program for updates, we have just been offered an alternate all weather photo shoot location to check out so will update as soon as we decide.

Also 'My Mate's Place' Coffee Kombi will be on site Sat and Sun from 7am and coming on the cruise if you wish to purchase great fresh coffee. I know I don't operate in the morning until I've had mine!

A VW clothing and other kombi item stall holder has approached me to set up a stall, just waiting to hear back re times etc.

16. ruby6689

PLEASE checkout the changes re the Group photo in the Program.

Due to the wet weather and cancellations of previous locations it has been a real down to the wire race to secure somewhere that could accommodate all 90 kombis, have an all weather surface and offer something to gain a good vantage point as well as being located close by and easy to get to without loosing half the convoy!

A massive thanks to Luke owner of 'My Mate's Place' coffee Kombi that will be on site Sat and Sun mornings during the weekend. He has managed to tick all the boxes. :D

Another huge thank you goes out to Tony White 'Whitie' who has organised the parking at the Bellingen Golf Club, once again a big ask to find somewhere to park 90 Kombis in the one place during a long weekend in a tourist location.:D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    melissa likes this.
  17. kombi74

kombi74 Member

Happy 10th! Sorry we can't be there. Have fun.

ruby6689 likes this.