1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pyrenees camp trip - 09 :)

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by pats, Sep 13, 2009.

1. pats

pats Member

amie, it was so lovely to meet kathy & yourself, really looking forward to catching up again soon. i really loved reading your post, so pleased you enjoyed yourself, i had a ball!!! i’m up for a yearly event for sure! i'll write & post pics (after i soon censor them :eek: :wtf: :lol:).

sooooo tired but wishing i was still with you all. thanks so much to everyone who came along; all travelling so far to make it a wonderful & very, very memorable weekend.
    talk soon, love pats. xo

2. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Pyrenees trip. A few pics

Unfortunately, my photography skills aren't a match for others on the trip, but hopefully, for those who were unable to come along, these will give you a bit of an idea of just what you missed.

Arrival Friday, before camp sites were selected.
    [​IMG]

Camp sites far and wide
    [​IMG]

Always a spy
    [​IMG]

Newer Kombi
    [​IMG]

3. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Some more pics

Older and well equipped Kombi
    [​IMG]

Sunset on Friday
    [​IMG]

Saturday Stragglers setting up
    [​IMG]

I did get a couple of near useless shots of us around the camp fire, but unfortunately, they were 'delete' quality only, so I'm hoping that very soon, someone will put up some 'night-life' pics for your enjoyment (and envy:lol: )

4. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Newer Kombi

Sorry all:eek: The second Koala shot was supposed to be this........

[​IMG]

5. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

camp photos

Good photos Aime. More photos required to make me feel more miserable :cry: . Seriously, glad to hear you all had a fun camp. How many managed to get there. Keep the photos and stories coming.:heart: Rod :)

6. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

After a great event like that Rod, it will probably take a few days for people to get back into routine and I'm sure someone will put up some great pics then. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't take a sicky and stay Saturday night.

At a guess, around 20 people turned up over the two days. Some arrived late Friday afternoon and the rest at varying intervals Saturday. A lovely little gathering and everyone got along so well. Absolutely marvellous. A wonderful group of people and it's a great pity you and Marg couldn't be there, but maybe you'll get there next year. It appears Pats is considering making it an annual event.

We even had an overseas visitor, out host's aunt from Hungry. She was a lovely person and a great cook. She made a batch of cabbage rolls Friday evening and they were delicious. By the time I left Saturday, she was in the kitchen whipping up a huge pot of Hungarian Goulash. It was simmering in the big cast iron camp over and smelled ......well.... how do you describe such a wonderful aroma? That mix of cooking, wood smoke and natural bushland. Hmmmmm!!!!

Pats did her fair share too and made a damper in a camp oven which baked in the coals. I haven't tasted one for decades and it was just as good as I though it would be. Pats also made a Hummingbird cake. I believe it was vegan, but I couldn't tell. It was delicious too and so beautifully moist.

Beautiful food, wonderful people and a few drinks. What more could you ask for?? Unforgettable!! Gee. I even had a dream last night about a blue single cab ute. Wouldn't be anything to do with Orlando would it??

7. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

AND FOOD AS WELL :mad:

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Yep. Food too!!

Sorry Rod, but you would have found out anyway:lol:

9. 4wheels

4wheels New Member

Food as well !!

Hi Aime, Rod and all.

Sorry Aime, but Fridays food was only an appetiser. You definitely should have pulled that sickie. Saturday night we had the most magnificent banquet I've ever seen on a camping holiday. The Goulash was great, there was a great lentil soup and several other things from the delicious Pats and family, vege 'sausage rolls' & lasagne from Woz & Alice, vege kebabs from AlPal, and even my vege curry pie went down well. I'm sure there were many other contributions I've forgotten, and enough to feed us all twice over. There was the odd glass of wine or beer consumed as well of course, and some rather sore heads the next day. (I hope Woz & Alice are getting over their injuries). All topped off by a great campfire setting, drumming and dancing, and eventually, the Hookah.

I'll post some pics as soon as I go through them, but I didn't take any of the 'spread'. I hope some-one else did.

A great weekend, and as always great Kombi-club camaraderie. Thanks to Pats & Albert, and also their local friends who joined in.

Brian

10. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

we just got home. First I want to say...THANKS PATS...I had heaps of fun. The spot was very beautiful and fun to explore. Pats let us stay there Sunday night by ourselves as we really didn't feel like driving.

Okay I'll be the first to tell everyone.
    I fell over and have a very black eye....and Woz fell into the camp fire and has a badly burned arm and a sore back....for me, alcohol (and spiders) may have been involved. For Woz, stupidity was a major factor. However this didn't affect our fun. Although I've been told I missed really awesome belly dancing from Jedda, Pats, and others.

Everyone there was soo nice. I wish we could have arrived there on Friday. We konvoyed with Kristel and her friend Riannan..they were really nice girls...although a little shaken up by their first really windy kombi drive.

And apparently I met Matt and Tommo...but I was far too drunk to remember talking to them.

It was great catching up with all the Melbourne gang again. and I agree with aime, that this should be an annual event...although I should pack a helmet for me to wear when I'm drinking next time.

Thanks Pat...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  11. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Yummy food, beautiful scenery, a raging fire and wonderful company .... need I state the obvious - that this was a *great* weekend? I agree with Aime that this should be a monthly event.. or was that yearly? again, please .... :)

Aime, Kathy, Alice
    [​IMG]

Rhiannon and Kristel
    [​IMG]

Bushwalking (Jedda, Marie, Pats, Necro)
    [​IMG]

12. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

You and Woz are a complete crack up, Alice! :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you never let your injuries get in the way of having a good time. Sounds like you guys had a great time and a right royal FEAST! Man, I have food envy.

13. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I loved the mine - I didn't realise how big it would be, a great piece of history. :)

Marie and Wolfgang came prepared for gold fossicking.
    [​IMG]

Necro decided to follow a shaft upwards ....
    [​IMG]

I like this pic of Patsy and Karen ...
    [​IMG]

14. Alice in Kombiland

This photo was taken by Rhiannan....

This is Woz and Pats....Woz wasn't using his quiet voice lol

[​IMG][/IMG]

In the background is Tom's spilt rat.

15. 4wheels

4wheels New Member

Some more piccy's

Fireside antics (Sat night; time delay shaot)
    [​IMG]
    Sunset through the trees
    [​IMG]
    Koala up a tree
    [​IMG]
    On the Friday walk
    [​IMG]

Brian

16. 4wheels

4wheels New Member

Patsy's van in the 'forecourt'
    [​IMG]
    Camping was all spread out
    [​IMG]
    Waiting for the rest to come out of the mine
    [​IMG]
    Leaving the mine
    [​IMG]

17. Alice in Kombiland

Here's a pic of Necro :lol:

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I didnt think Woz had a "quiet" voice... LOL

19. 4wheels

4wheels New Member

Mine surrounds
    [​IMG]
    Necro & Al leaving mine
    [​IMG]
    Mine area skyline
    [​IMG]
    Some drummers
    [​IMG]

20. Alice in Kombiland

Here's a pic of my eye on Monday morning (it happened on Saturday night)

[​IMG]

It has spread more than this now.