1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pyrenees camp trip - 09 :)

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by pats, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

The walk up to the mine ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone was apparently camping in this side tunnel ...

[​IMG]

2. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Look like I missed all the fun.

Yeah, I could feel a good time brewing for Saturday night. Damn my loyalty for the work place. I vow and declare that ain't going to happen ever again:mad:

Love the eye Alice, but from a nursing perspective, I'd love to see some progress shots:lol:

3. whoaNellie

whoaNellie New Member

Thanks pats so much for a wonderful weekend,It was so nice to meet you and your family.
    What a great bunch of fellow kombi clubbers that rob,angus and i met.
    We had such a relaxing time,not a care in the world,oh it was so beautiful thanx pats.
    I'm so happy i have finally met some of you great members,i can finally put faces to all these names!
    Oh i think a yearly camp on your grounds pats sounds like a fantastic idea :) We would definately drive 5 hours to your humble abode again and again!
    We decided to take the long way home that sunday,and arrived home 7 hous later! with lots of stopping and starting!!!
    Thanks once again everyone for a wonderful weekend,i hope my little Angus was not to much of a pain in the pants :) Lots of love Angus,Rob,Elwood the black dancing dog and me (Jess) xoxox
    P.s I must learn to post pics,Rob took some great pics of the tribal dancing :)

4. Van Housing

5. Van Housing

These pics were taken by Rhiannon:

Nearly there
    [​IMG]

Trying to raise the annexe
    [​IMG]

Tom's split
    [​IMG]

Kristel serenading Maali
    [​IMG]

6. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Kristel & Maali

Awww!! That shot of Kristel and Maali is soooo cute:D It really belongs in a magazine:lol:

7. pats

pats Member

Where to start?? At the beginning i guess.....so i apologise now as i’ll babble on & repeat everything everyone else has said........l

Jaz & i headed out to landsborough on Thursday night to set up our tent (while watching the beautiful sunset) then we checked out what we needed to bring with us for the weekend, all was looking great! so we headed back to ararat as we dodged the kangaroo’s on the way home.

friday morning was already exciting as our special pyrenees camp trip stickers arrived, just in time!!! We all travelled back out to the block on Friday morning with banjo the split & orlando our single cab, we were really looking forward to seeing what the weekend would bring. Not long after i had finished organising everything & finally got to have a shower and tidy myself up a little along came through the dust a beautiful convoy of kombi’s & their people after being greeted by orlando at the roadside, al & carol, brian, amie & kathy then wolfgang & marie. what a wonderful sight!!

alan & carol's schmetterling -

[​IMG]

brian's new beast!

[​IMG]

wolfgang & marie's lovely kombi! beautiful!! and beautiful people, so lovely to meet you both.
    [​IMG]

amie, kathy & the doctor!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  8. pats

pats Member

after a quick cuppa & camp selection we headed up into the pyrenees ranges, chatting & getting to know each other as we all enjoyed the beautiful views, flowers & wildlife.

exploring the range

[​IMG]

jazper enjoying the ride

[​IMG]

al & carol - jaz took this pic, it's beautiful - i love it!

[​IMG]

love this one too

[​IMG]

9. pats

pats Member

huge koala - great spotting alan!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not long after arriving back from our walk along came jess, rob, angus & the amazing elwood followed by gerry & robyn.

jess, rob & angus KOMB1E

[​IMG]

gerry & robyn's set up

[​IMG]

10. pats

pats Member

then a few wines, dinner, damper & the warmth of the camp fire were on the agenda along with the lovely company!

[​IMG]

Saturday bought more conversations around the fire while enjoying breakfast then off to really check out all the lovely kombi’s that have travelled from afar to enjoy the weekend.

wolfgang & marie checking out the birds they have spotted

[​IMG]

Brian relaxing before the next hike

[​IMG]

gerry & robyn enjoying a cuppa

[​IMG]

11. pats

pats Member

Not long after the beautiful jedda & dave arrived. Gee then it must have been lunch time...more food......mmmmmm, while waiting for alice & woz, and kristal & rhiannon who decided to take the long & very scenic road.....but they arrived just in time to catch up with amie & kathy before they headed off after afternoon tea. (while this was happening a fav friend of mine; karen arrived to share the weekend with us too).

sorry i missed taking a pic of your lovely kombi dave & jedda, slack i know!!

[​IMG]

trouble blowing in ....... hahaha!! woz & alice.

[​IMG]

kristal & rhiannon

[​IMG]

karen

[​IMG]

12. pats

pats Member

Then off we travelled back into the Pyrenees to check out an old & very amazing mine shaft. I couldn’t believe how well angus, at 3.5 years old strutted up the mountain, although many of us were having heart problems watching him scale up rocks & stepping way to close for comfort near the embankments.

brian heading up to the mine

[​IMG]

beautiful flowers

[​IMG]

having a rest after the hike up to & through the mine

[​IMG]

wolfgang & marie taking in the view

[​IMG]

13. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

Photos look great guys. Looks as though it was a great weekend. Rod.

14. pats

pats Member

angus & rob

[​IMG]

heading back to camp

[​IMG]

As we arrived back to camp we found a couple of other kombi’s had arrived, matt & tommo! yay banjo had a friend, as tommo had driven his lovely split up too. also my cousins kate & tya had their tent all set up & ready for a night of fun!

the below are matt's pics as i didn't have a chance to take any....seeing they headed off at 7am to be back at work by 12.

tommo's split

[​IMG]

matt & his kombi (do you think matt could be the tallest man ever!!)

[​IMG]

15. pats

pats Member

after a quick chat ...yes you guessed it, it was time for more food.....this time a beautiful feast of dhal’s, hungarian cuisine prepared by albert’s auntie margit who is visiting for 3 months, salads, vegetarian curry pie, tofu & haloumi kababs with that beautiful satay sauce (al & carol do you think your son will share that beautiful recipe??) rice, sour dough and much more ..........and much more wine! Margit counted around 38 for dinner, some of my lovely friends from landsborough popped in to share the evening with us......it was hard to stop eating all those tasty treats!!

After dinner it was drum & dance time....i really enjoyed that......tya taught us some aboriginal dance moves and jedda karen & i had all learnt the same style of dance so it was great to share that together along with my cousin kate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

beautiful shots there everyone...great weekend by the looks of the amazing pics......
    Thx Pat for organizing the weekend for everyone...:)
    Judy x

17. pats

pats Member

somewhere in between dinner & drumming alice had prettied up her eye & ended up in bed & woz ended up almost in the fire, thankfully it was only his wrist that ended up ummm not looking the best, it could have been all those dreadlocks!

it looked much more beautiful the next day

[​IMG]

to top of the night (or early morning) was some bob (marley) & the shisha pipe.....strawberries!

[​IMG]

up by 9am, stuck into more food ....no! no wine!! and it was time to start saying goodbye to some.

a few of us headed back up through the mountain to enjoy the area a little more, then back to the block to enjoy another shared feast of lovely vegan treats!

Unfortunately i had to come back on sunday night to prepare for a festival this weekend (hence why i haven't posted earlier, i wanted to make sure i had all my chores done before getting stuck into this). woz & alice stayed an extra night to enjoy the peace, hope you both had a beautiful evening! i did wake up Monday wishing i was out there too, it would have been a gorgeous sunshiny morning!

Alan & carol, i hope you are enjoying the little desert!! safe travelling!!

thanks so much to everyone who travelled so far to spend the weekend with us, i enjoyed your company & look forward to meeting up with you all again soon!

it was really lovely to meet everyone i hadn't met before (actually i had only met al & carol)

thanks again everyone! take care!! until next time.........

PEACE

[​IMG]

AND LOVE

[​IMG]

pats & family. xxoo

18. pats

pats Member

should have mentioned too we had 13 kombis for the weekend!

just a couple of other pics....

albert

[​IMG]

margit resting after her hard work in the kitchen

[​IMG]

angel the lizard hunter

[​IMG]

how could i forget! banjo & my tent!

[​IMG]

more photo's can be found here too ....... pyrenees kombi camp trip 09

19. pats

pats Member

stickers! - THANK YOU!

yep! still haven't finished.....

i also want to share a huge thank you to craig (the invisible smith) for designing the great sticker for our camp trip, i hope you all enjoyed this little keepsake, thanks so much craig for taking the time to create this, i love it, it just worked so perfectly! craig also did the great banner ad for the forum. craig designs wonderful vw t-shirts check them out here.... http://www.kombination.com.au/

Also a massive thank you to diana (GoblinSA) who cut the stickers & worked hard to get them to me in time. Also thank you so much Diana for the special kombi club discount, really really appreciated! Diana has lots of great stickers avaliable check them out here....http://stickerage.com.au/

it was great to see most of you apply them to your kombis almost instantly as you received them! post a pic so craig & Diana can admire their beautiful work :).

thanks to both of you for sharing the kombi love! looking forward to meeting you sometime soon.

love pats. xxoo

banjo showing of his new stciker!

[​IMG]

20. pats

pats Member

Lost & Found

FOUND
    2 x glass wine glasses
    1 x thermal wine bag (yellow)
    1 x cute little camp chair (canvas & timber)

LOST
    my xavier rudd drink flask blue aluminium with black lid :( i’m missing this as it comes everywhere with me.....help!! and albert bought it for me, keep an eye out for it please ;)