1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qld/nsw Floods

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by melissa, Jan 10, 2011.

1. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

For some strange reason I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of this yet ........... and I am not talking about the cleanup ............

2. terbear

terbear Member

Same here if anyone needs help...I got a ute... :)

3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

...Nothing worse than seeing Mick's Mum & Dads flooded house in Oxley on "A Current Affair" on Channel 9 tonight... :cry: :(

4. The Brewmaster

Which street Judy? ...... can't remember which one from when Mick told me. California?

5. headstone

headstone New Member

our thougths are with our northen kc members,
    tony and donna

6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Brett its Englefield Road...

7. kmac

kmac New Member

I just saw news here, and new footage, not sure where, but man said we were lucky just to get dogs out. He had an Airedale. It looked like it could have been Don, although I am only going off his tiny profile picture, we haven't actually met. Think I have his mobile somewhere in a pm, so will try and call. Has anyone heard from him today??
    Just so sad when watching the news, sitting on lounge hugging my little boy that bit tighter. I hope all KCers, family and friends, and all others are ok, but fear this will not be the case. Feel so helpless here. Best I can think to do is donate and make some "shoe boxes of love" . Love to all.
    Kris x

8. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Don is fine...he's on FaceBook now as I type this (when isn't he...lol)...

9. kmac

kmac New Member

Thank you Judy, saw he was logged in here too (after I wrote post!) so was hoping that was a good sign, lol! Will be up your way in April for Bluesfest and a week of holidays beforehand in Gold Coast, will have to keep a look out for you!
    K

10. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Don't be so cheeky young hippy chicky.:p Have some respect for your elders.:lol:
    Thanks for the concern Kris, I'm well south & relatively dry.:)

11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

contact with John D and Dean in cabolture. all on high ground thank goodness so ok
    Hows steve[scrap]? hope your living area is above water and you all well.

Hells n hilt ok.High ground luckily.

road south of Gympie[federal and traveston were cut[ open. kybong should be by now as will be pengallys bridge in gympie. This should give acess north. How far I dont know as it was cut a couple of places before Maryborough turnoff.
    trucks lined up this morning to head north. Matilda kybong has been a campsite since sunday. About 6 cop cars at traveston to stop trucks heading thru the water at jackass creek[kybong] too early.
    col

12. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Don is fine...he's on FaceBook now as I type this (when isn't he...lol)...
    Don't be so cheeky young hippy chicky. Have some respect for your elders.

Just stating the obvious... you old Hippy...:lol: :heart: ...but then again aren't we all on FaceBook...:lol:

13. The Brewmaster

Thanks Judy .......... trying to plan a trip down to Oxley to pick up the G'ster from my folks.

Oxley is without power so my parents and I are keen to get her home.

14. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

I would check all roads first to see if you can even get down there... :(

15. The Brewmaster

Hey Judy ....... just watched ACA on the web and saw the BP along Oxley Rd. My parents live about 200 m up and a block bac towards Corinda from there.. Saw Englefield Road as well.

16. Ammo

Ammo New Member

My prays and thoughts r with u all.... stay safe up north & down south..:wtf:
    the way it's all going we could be next....!!!!:eek:

17. Bongo

Bongo Member

Toowoomba Floods

Hi Kombi Club Menbers

Thanks for all your concern for the people of Toowoomba & surrounding districts.

It will take years for the area to get over this, thankfully Mary & I are safe.

I received an Email today from Klub V Dub (See Below)

...............................................................................................................................

Hi everyone,

You would all know Alec Brown from our Club here in Toowoomba. Sadly he lost his beloved 1980's Kombi to the floods here in town on Monday. It was washed away in the tsunami.

If anyone knows of a VW that is registered, roadworthy and for sale, please contact him on 0412 126 784 as at the moment he has no other vehicle he can use on a daily basis.

Hope this finds you all safe and well.
    .................................................................................................................................

Havnt heard how the other Kombi guys are

Thanks once again

Ken

18. volksmanharry

volksmanharry Member

I am also in the KLUB VW up here in Toowoomba and have recieved the same email. Alecs T3 camper was washed away in the floods as well as the shop he works at was heavily damaged. Alec and his T3 are well known in the VW community and he attends and sell stuff at all the VW shows. He is waiting to hear back from his insurance company but at the moment has no wheels to get around in, so if any one can help him out give him a call on the no. in the above post.
    Alecs kombi is the only casualty we know of so far from the Darling Downs club.

Dave.

19. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

For those texting/Pm'ing/email/phoning me asking about Micks parents flooded home thank you for your kind wishes & offering help etc...:heart: :)
    Here is a update ..easier to do this through here & Facebook than answering individually...

Water has quickly reseeded & now gone from the house.....alot quicker than 74 floods when the water stayed for weeks :(
    Micks brothers went over today & took video & photos for insurance...
    Then the cleaning up started, ...volunteers came & helped also to empty the house, pull carpet up etc etc
    Mick is heading up there tomorrow to do the electricals.

Mick's sisters house is still under water :cry:

20. The Brewmaster

I'm heading down to Oxley to pick up the G'ster from my folks' house tomorrow morning.

As Oxley is one of the suburbs still without power I am taking some eskies and some ice to help them out. It is something that family and friends may do to help out those without power.

My parents are lucky that they're pretty high in Oxley so the power outage is their only real inconvenience. So many more people have to restart their homes after they clean up the mess.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those people.

At least my mum (Nana) will have a good birthday tomorrow. It could have been a lot worse.