1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUESTIONER WOULD YOU BUY 1 adapter to suit v6 holden & rover v8 to subaru gearbox

Discussion in 'Performance' started by roverbay, Oct 2, 2013.

1. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all I have an opportunity to have adapters kits made to suit Subaru gearbox to v6 Holden rover v8 plus the possibility for other engines. If you are interested can you PM me to discuss your thoughts & engine preference the cost is yet to be determined but probably around the cost to go to vw box. I think if I was going v6 in a kombi I would defiantly do it because of the 5th gear & strength. this would give you a vehicle that would be reliable quick towing improved & a bit better economy plus the all-round availability of v6 bits in particular. Keen to hear your opinions.
    ernie

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

does this include the diff reversal of suby box or just adapter and mounting kit .

col

3. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Gday cbu No just the adapter I have left a message with Todd about being a conflict with him waiting to hear back from him. The reason I looked at this option was the daughter having a change of thought with her kombi as to towing her vintage heavy caravan with the ej22 as compared to a v6 crumpldoor. I should know more after I talk to Todd about his side. I have source for v6 motors second hand & I'm looking at supplying a modified vw xmember exchange to suit the kit but that will come along down the track.
    ernie

4. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all. spoke to Todd this evening & he has no problem with me developing kits to suit he was extremely helpful with advice on the needs for accuracy in the depth of adapter for flywheel etc so off to Sydney in the next couple of weeks to sort out some of the finer details if anyone in Sydney around the Liverpool area has a stuffed ej block with a crank in it I could get cheap please let me know save me taking my set up block as carry on in a shopping bag.
    ernie

5. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all. Looks like Todd has beaten me to develop the adapters so check out his facebook site
    ernie

6. Subarugears

Subarugears New Member

No I haven't. I am developing adapter plates for aircooled type 1 and type 4 motors, wasserboxers, VW inline 4 cylinders, GMH Ecotec 4 cylinders (2.0, 2.2, 2.5) and Chevy V8's. More than happy for you to go ahead and do adapter plates for V6 commodore motors - I think they would go well mated to the 5 speed.

7. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day Todd & fellow vwrites. Todd how was SEMA. Thanks for that info when I saw the ectec drawing I was thinking ecotec v6 not four so back into it Jeff dellow is dropping in at home over xmas new year to discuss the adapter & flywheel so hope to have something to show soon. Hope everyone has a safe & merry Christmas & new year
    ernie

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  8. Subarugears

Subarugears New Member

G'day Ernie, SEMA was unbelievable. 3 solid days 9am to 5pm just to look at each stand.
    Tyres must be the most boring thing, because they had the best promo girls in that hall. :)
    Everyone should go once in their life.
    Looking forward to seeing your V6 adaptor plates!

9. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all. Todd your right a bout tyre display's The girls are what sell them. I hope to get down to Sydney next month to start on project. Dellows have a cnc machine that can turn out a flywheel in about 14 minutes should be good to watch. When this gets going I will go down to watch the 1st being made. might try to catch up with you while I'm there
    ernie