1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question - windscreens..

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by Thomas, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Thomas

Thomas New Member

2. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

Why buy a 2nd hand screen. You can still get them new from O'Briens. If you do buy it off ebay becareful what you pay because new they arent any dearer than any other car.

3. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Yeah, that's a fair point.
    Do you know around how much I'd be looking at for a new one?

4. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

5. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

Hi Thomas, I rang our local O'Briens about a year ago to see if they still had them [ turned out we didn't need it for RWC] and Iam sure he said about $150. fitted. Suggest you give them a call on Monday and get a definate price. Rod.

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thomas, if you are insured comprehensively, check with your insurer - you could be entitled to a windscreen on your policy every year - I know I am with Shannons and my T4 needs a new one. All I have to do is call windscreens O'Brien, give them my policy number, they check with Shannons and then they give me a new windscreen - I dont have to pay up front for it (and the T4 windscreen has an aerial inside the glass so its not going to be cheap ;) )

7. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Thanks for the help everyone.
    when I brought my bus home on a car trailer, a rock flicked up on the highway and chipped my windscreen!
    I managed to get through roadworthy, but the chip has gotten a little worse.