1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain Rain Go Away

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dudo, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Hi all hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Up here on the sunshine coast its

doing what it does best and that is rain, Cant go to work as i work outside solid plastering

have lost heaps of days this year due to rain and they say we are in a drought, oh well
    at least i get to sit here all day( wish i got paid for it ):lol: And the surf has picked up but

oh so cold.

Cheers jono

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Its pouring down here on the Gold Coast as well,Adrian works out side and unfortunately he still had to work.

3. Dudo

Dudo New Member

I wish i could work got way to many bills to have days off

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hasn't really stopped here in 36 + hours but not complaining - no doubt the catchment area is getting nothing to top up the dams :)
    Things planned to do outside this week look like they'll get done next week

5. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

That's what they keep telling us Bert. A nice way to keep us under level 6. With all the rain we've had I just find it incredibly hard to believe.

6. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Wont be long and Brisbane will have heaps of water ,thanks to the kind people on the sunshine coast ,but than we go on level 6:wtf:

7. blu bay jay

blu bay jay New Member

We should rename it "The Rainy coast", Every car i work on is dripping water all over me.

It is like being back in England!

8. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Yep pouring here too at Nimbim, need a bit to top up the tanks as one sprung a few holes.

Raining up Mackay way too....Andy started his new job there yesterday and was stood down because of the rain......hope he gets :eek: :eek:

Rainy days are good for the business I work in we get tourist out from the beach areas, hope I get busy passes time:)

Enjoy today........Lorraine

9. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

I wonder if instead of spending all the money on the traveston Dam the Qld state govt had just given everyone on the sunshine coast a tank?...
    I am so very tired of rain and we are going backwards this year too because of it...not to mention how long it's taken to get anything done on our poor Kombi.

10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I can count the number of days rain we've had here in the past 2 months on 1 hand!:cry:

11. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

I am wishing it your way Grantus! :)

12. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Yep its a cold,wet and a little windy here in the city,looks like Indigo and i will be staying indoors today.It looks like i'm drawing,reading and watching movies all day.Thank God for Nic.Jr and Dora the Explorer....:lol:

13. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

ahh sweet rain,woke up at the crack of 9 to the sound on the roof
    bet the dams run up to 39.98 % I want them over 40 % so
    I can wash the kombi for VALLA !!

14. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

9??? How did you manage that? Oh that's right. Melissa does all the work while you are still thinking about how clever you were to score that Samba. ;)

I haven't washed Lola for nearly a year - that's why she always looks scruffy compared to the Sunny Coast crew Kombis. Actually, I'm just a lazy cow, but water restrictions are a much better excuse!! :D

15. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I feel for those of you on water restrictions not being able to wash your kombis, we are resticted only by the amount of water in the tanks, so the rain is GOOD for us.:)

16. Mrs Peel

Mrs Peel Member

Am in an industry where we LOVE the rain.........its like gold coins falling from the sky.....(own a video store)....

Its been a fairy wet winter so far, keeps the warmer air in!!!

Great for keeping the fire arsons under conrol, as am a Member of Rural Fire Brigade also.......did notice that Lorraine was a member and another member of KC which I can't remember.

17. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

I'm with you blue bay jay! Just got back from UK and it rained most of the time we were there too. Summer? What summer? :(
    Perhaps I bought it all back with me? :lol:

18. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

drove from sydney to Newcastle today and it rained all the way.
    mmmm cold wet days are fantastic when you don't get them where you live!

jono

19. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

its a hard life ! looking after the kids.....when they get home from school !
    cleaning the house,cooking the dinner....or picking what takeaway to get !
    you really dont know how hard I am doing it at the moment....sob sob !
    I think I need a lie down now !!

20. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

i agree - many usual bills +++++++ parts painting and the such for coming banana bus (yet to be renamed ) project
    surfs on saturday johnno - cotton tree????