1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear sliding door lock cylinder

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by bilckster, Feb 6, 2009.

1. bilckster

bilckster Member

Has anyone had any experience removing the lock cylinder from the rear sliding door handle on a T3?

I'm usually pretty good with this sort of stuff but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this cylinder out of the handle. A new handle is on it's way and I want to be able to use my old key. I've got some pictures of it below but I don't know how much help they'll be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BVW

BVW New Member

Have you tried to remove the cylinder with the key in it?

The tumblers are drawn in to the cylinder when the matching key is inserted, this allows the cylinder to turn and will also allow you to remove the cylinder from the handle.

Cheers,
    Byron

3. bilckster

bilckster Member

Hey Byron,

I eventually got it. I decided to wipe off all of the dust and gunk and then eventually found a tiny hole and a screw the size of the screws on sunglasses and that's what I needed to undo in order to get it out.

Cheers,

Steve

4. alicranka

alicranka New Member

HI Bilckster,

I am currently replacing my sliding door handle and am changing the key cylinder however When I put my old cylinder in the new handle I can't seem the get the spring in place and the tiny screw all the way back in. Did u have trouble with this? i might just take to a locksmith!