1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Respray

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Air Cooled V4, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Air Cooled V4

Air Cooled V4 New Member

Hi all,
    how much does it cost to get a kombi resprayed?
    cheers,
    Patrick.

2. Resol

Resol Active Member

How long is a peice of string???
    I know someone who used 7 spray cans, so from say $70 toa few thousand (paint and labour only)

3. Air Cooled V4

Air Cooled V4 New Member

lol- i want a professionaly done job, and im thinking of a really bright yellow, that'll get peoples attention

4. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

$3000-6000+

Depends, if you are willing to spend hours doing perfect prepwork you can bring the cost down. But a lot of painters don;t want you paint over someone elses prep because it os easy to get slack and cut corners.

5. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

I had quotes between 2,500and 6,000 vrey little surface rust gutters 1 headlight bucket BRIGHT YELLOW xr ford colour $ 4,000 + $1000 for all new rubbers . very happy with result ! cheers

6. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

Wow!! Sounds great!! I have had quotes of $10000 and $15,000! That's for surface rust repair, sand and respray...

I'd better keep shopping!!

Oh Wait! Yours is a kombi...mine's a camper... maybe a bit more work involved?? I think they would take everything out, sand inside and out, repair/respray and put it all back together! Good as new!

I'd better keep saving! :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  7. sandyfeet

sandyfeet Member

I swapped a HZ Panel van for my 2 Pac respray. Plus I supplied all the rubbers.
    It depends what condition your bus is in. Mine was very straight and almost rust free.
    [​IMG]