1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Lining

Discussion in 'Interior' started by amp2104, Feb 4, 2021.

1. amp2104

amp2104 New Member

Hi.
    74 bus. Has anybody recently had a new hood lining done? Costs? Is it something that you can DIY? Anybody know of an upholsterer on the Sunshine Coast that could do it? Sorry, lots of Q's.
    Thanks Andy.

2. omelette81

omelette81 Active Member

Gadennes Triming, Caloundra West did 1 last year a full interior and will b doing mine when the body work is done. Plenty of years under his belt and can show you photos of previous works
    John Gadenne 0412098723

David H and Barry like this.
  3. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

a lot of work to dyi install a new headlining. Worth while to pay the experts for a good finish. Expect around $1000, $1500 with windows out and the side wall paper put in an re install the windows again.

4. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Are you wanting a full microbus headlining or cab headlining only or you have a camper?
    You have several options. TMI do a kit to either fit yourself or get a trimmer to fit.
    Cab only wouldn't be to bad on your own.
    Microbus full headlining you might need to phone a friend ,organise a slab of beer, contact glue, dog clips and a heat gun. All windows and interior out would be best.
    Problem with TMI is the headlining is in a box so they will have creases which a DIY may not have the tricks of the trade to get them out. You would have to leave out of box a while to try and help get the creases out.
    You want new rubbers and also be ready to put windows in as soon as possible after the headlining is in.
    Personally I would have a trimmer make one from scratch and have it fitted.
    My microbus cost $1500,from a trimmer, mine is done differently then original with all joins around windows are sewn together instead of folded and glued.
    Platinum I have heard do nice work little travel for you, worth a look.
    https://platinumtrimming.com/
    Phone: 0424 873 532
    Address: 20 Bertana Dr, Mudgeeraba QLD 4213

omelette81 and David H like this.