1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruby headed to the NW for Easter

Discussion in 'Tas' started by Shifter, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Shifter

Shifter New Member

We took of for a few days over Easter and had a great time. Ruby did just over 1000 km's without fault.

Riana, Pioneer Park

[​IMG]

Detention Point, NW Tassie

[​IMG]

Detention Point

[​IMG]

Ruby's best mate.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. Shifter

Shifter New Member

More from Rubys trip

The Cook.

[​IMG]

Westbury - 24 hour park.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  3. KombiKyles

KombiKyles New Member

Camping in Tassie

Shifter your Ruby is awesome.. You have a great set up and the locations are brilliant.. We don't know how lucky we are to be able to create fantastic camping holidays right here at home in Tasmania without even having to leave the island.. But that doesn't mean we won't leave and explore the rest of Australia.. he,he..;)

4. 1963 Empi Radar

1963 Empi Radar New Member

Fantastic Mate! Looking forward to heading down the NW coast soon!

5. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Tassie is God's little acre!!

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Nice looking camper and I just love Ruby's best mate, our two dogs love Kombi camping too!
    Keep an eye out for Paul and Lyn Qld members who are down there now...give them a wave if you see them.......Lorraine

7. Shifter

Shifter New Member

I have to say - she looks better in pics than she actually is, but that's the joy of owning a Kombi - it's always work in progress. Having got a little wet on out last aventure I have been filling various holes with plugs and epoxy glue, also fitting new front door and sliding door seals. So easy to fit.

8. 1963 Empi Radar

1963 Empi Radar New Member

Haha reminds me when i picked up Wilson from Moogara, dad was getting really annoyed as it was in the middle of no where. anyway when he saw Wilson he went off at me then this lovely dog came up and jumped up and tried to lick him. He just laughed :) The dog loved the beetle too, so much so he jumped in there and we almost took back home with him before he realised.

Sorry to yak on but one more story.

Back in 91 dad bought our first Vw, a 68ish Baja and in 95 mum bought a jack russel terrier. Sadly however it was 18months old and had a bit of a anger problem. Anyway he loved the Yellow buggy so much that all you would have to do is walk towards it and he would bound into the car barking for a drive. Anyway one day we packed the shack up and put the buggy away in the shed. All locked up and dad forgot about the dog. Now Sam (the dog) would not listen to dad or anyone and would only do what he wanted. At the shack the only way to get him into the ute is to open the Volkswagen door and he would bound in then dad would scruff him and tie him in. This day he packed up and forgot about Sam.

He decide that he would drive up the road and eventually the dog would get into the ute. He went 6km up the road and the dog still wouldn't get in so he drove back to the shack, opened the shed, connected the battery to the Volkswagen, drive it out then Sam jumped in and dad grabbed him and tied him into the ute. He then packed the Volkswagen back into the shed, locked it and left finally after a couple of hours messing round :)

Sam ended up cleaning up the postman and was sent to the RSPCA so hopefully he found a home, this was about 10 years ago and he holds special memories with me and my sis.

The buggy is now sadly gone but up untill the day it got burnt, it still had Sams smell and dog hairs in it :)

Ill stop rambling now :D

Cheers Will.

Ps. Love Ruby shifter!!!

9. splitbus07

splitbus07 New Member

nice story will

reminds me of my Aunt's dog. Every time me and my dad would pull into the driveway with a Kombi or Bug (he knew the sound) he would come barging down and be jumping up and down wanting me to take him for a drive....so i always did (very quiet streets around there)....and he would sit up there looking out the front like a real human....sadly, Maggie (the dog) passed away only a month or two ago

just not the same rolling up the drive without Mag's barking and yelling in excitment

still brings a tear to my eye....

j.