1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratch me happy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by generation fade, Jan 20, 2009.

1. generation fade

generation fade New Member

A very kind gift from my nanna (which was sent from sydney to congratulate me on getting into my first preference uni course) arrived lastnight in the mail. As i opened it i found five volkswagen scratchies waiting to be ripped apart. It was pretty awesome, so i took a photo of it before i scratched them away, and thought i would share it with you lot.
    i won another $1.00 scratchie, haha.

[​IMG]

2. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

You just have to love Nannas. Seriously, how good is that?

Congratulations on your uni selection. Can you give us a clue as to the direction of your future? Surf studies? Accountancy? Homeopathy? Engineering? Arts? I'm going to guess: homeopathy :lol:

3. OberonViking

OberonViking Well-Known Member

my 9 yo bought me two (with Mum's money). I won $6 and $2, so I bought another 7 (they're actually $1.10 with GST), and I won 1 free $1 ticket and $4. So I got another 5 ticekets and my luck ran out.

4. generation fade

haha, unfortunately dingo, it is not homeopathy. I'm studying a bachelor of 2d and 3d animation, so that should be pretty fun. just trying to create my timetable now, grrrrrrrrr

5. Dingostrategy

Gamblers folly. With p<1.0, (i.e. every possible connotation of gambling) increasing iterations of chance increases the bank's odds, never yours. I'd just frame the scratchies unscratched.

EDIT: I gamble. Barack Obama paid for my eyelids and new poptop hatch. Maxine McKew paid for my Carbs. Whoop.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  6. generation fade

i think i will actualy do that with my next and last kombi scratchie, i'm not sure they make frames that small though

7. Dingostrategy

Well, congratulations man. that sounds like a good blend of creativity and tech stuff and art stuff. I sound like your aunty now but Uni/Apprenticeship/TAFE is the best days of your life.

8. generation fade

cheers man, yeah it will hopefully be a real good course, just gotta get all this stressful timetable stuff out of the way and i'm in the clear

9. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Bah Humbug !!
    Our local newsagent doesn't have any.
    I did, however, get a lecture on the evils of gambling.
    Don & The Terrordales
    OSI The Kamper

10. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

But you'll never know. There could be $20k under that one.:D

11. Dingostrategy

Actually you are spot on. Setting up a timetable is the hardest part of university. That and physiology, in my case.

12. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

Obviously directed at those restoring a kombi. Imagine how handy $20,000 would be for that!
    Interesting about a Newsagent with an ethical conscience! Never heard of that before.
    Just remember your gain is anothers loss :(

13. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

So kewl - what a great nanna to think of you & your Kombi :)