1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seats retrimmed

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Scott Neilson, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Scott Neilson

Scott Neilson Member

G,day All,

Just wondering if you can recommend anyone around Brisbane that can retrim the front seats in my 78 Kombi. They look pretty good still & i am sure that it is the original material but they are very uncomfortable as there in no guts left in the springs. I have read that some people have got seats with arm rests etc from other cars but i am unsure what i should do. Any advice welcome.

2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

78 "may" take T3 Captains chairs

Are you a dual runner or single?

Sounds like you need some of the springs rebuilt

Beiging Brisbane it is only a Blue Slip for a seat change
    Unless you are precious about originality It may be cheaper to go aftermarket (Recaro .... Recaro .... Recaro .... Recaro .... )

Did I mention Recaro's are a good choice?

3. Scott Neilson

Scott Neilson Member

Photo of the seats.

4. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I dont think so :(

I just use "screen snap" from Word - works for me

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Outrage Trimmers or Platinum Trimmers - both VW friends and do a great job ..... I'd need to dig out their contact details. There is also Performance Upholstery up Bribie Is way ;).

Have a look under your seats to check out the runners/sliders on how they move back and forward - if 2 runners on each good chance that T3 Caravelle Captains Chairs will fit & have the arm rests = ok for cruising - bit of a pain around town.

Stay with what you got and get refurbished or find some T3 - stay VW is the best bet or get Recaro :rolleyes: