1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Moderators remove Post without first asking the poster to remove it.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kombivan, Jul 25, 2013.

1. kombivan

kombivan New Member

I like this site and communicating with people on this site including moderators don't get me wrong here I find it annoying when a post I have posted has been remove without any notification I was out of line with one post I posted but we all make mistakes who hasn't experienced road rage same as kombi site rage somtimes we talk in riddles so the poster can think about what is posted and we wait for a reply but when a moderator removes that post because he hasn't read between the lines or because he dosen't like the post or the postee then I think it is time for the moderators to communicate with the postee's before removing a posts I have lost count of the number of my post that have been remove for very petty issues when other people are allowed to post even though they are violating the same petty rule that I have apparently broken. As I an a stroke victim after my stroke I had a lot of trouble reading and writing and when I turned a page I would forget immediately what was written on the previous page and I have come along way since then but it really annoys me when a post that is not hurting anyone is removed because most times I can't remember what the post was and i would like to be able to revisit my post. I have some mechanical knoweledge most of which I learnt before my stroke so I can still remember everything before my stroke happened but new stuff on this site if I want to revisit a post because I have an interest in that post I can search my user ID and easily find that post but if a moderator removes that post I have difficulty finding it again. thank you.

2. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

That was a nice way to approch the question i reckon.
    I have always had mods email me if i posted stuff that i though was okay but stepped.over the line.
    I know the mods are a.bit thin on the ground at momonet. Maybe they are swamped?
    They get most tbings right i rekon.

P.s. Mods - feel free to correct my spelling. This one was a shocker. My thumbs are too fat

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Over the top/insulting/rude/obscene stuff is deleted instantly.
    This is a Forum that is viewed by the general public & folks do not need to see comments that fall into that category.

If a post has no relevance to the thread, often it'll be edited out of courtesy to the member that started the thread.
    People that post up topics should not have to wade through comments that have nothing to do with the subject.....it may be the offender's "weird sense of humour" ( as I've had it justified to me...), or whatever, but it's just innapropriate.

Lots of folk wade in posting furiously without reading the rules :
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?24744-Code-Of-Conduct
    They are there for all to follow.

Kombivan, you have been pm'd by the Admin. team in the past, if you feel you are being hard done by, please pm the Site Administrator .
    All the Mods. are accountable & are not beyond reproach.
    Cheers, Mark

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  4. kombivan

kombivan New Member

I am not complaining about that post Melissa removed as I was going to remove it myself to me a post can be used as a marker to find it again. I am interested in that item I was looking at and in the past week I have purchased two items from the for sale forum and even though some info may seem irevelant it is still info that may be usefull to some one else I have found a lot of things in old posts that I have benifited from. making an offer in a for sale forum I think is relevant.

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

If in doubt rub it out. The mods have a tedious time with spammers etc so give them the benefit of the doubt. If you lose a post ask a mod and find out why. Otherwise keep it nice and keep your cool.
    Moderators work real cheap!

6. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Hi Kombivan,

I just read your interesting post and took a moment to consider your difficulties. Hard enough being a fat fool with a constellation of undesirable personality traits… Such as myself….On a good day… Without enduring the issues you face on a daily basis.

With that firmly in mind, can I offer you these thoughts?

Both you and I (and the multitude of others) can tune in and tune out as we see fit. Sometimes I don't visit the site for weeks, much to the relief of others. Our moderators are required to patrol the cyber waves on a daily and nocturnal basis. While I have the technological expertise of a newt, I am aware that this site is constantly bombarded by a global Army of spammers. In the background we have a dedicated people such as Melissa (and others) constantly warding them off.

You might consider our moderators to be performing the role of perpetual prophylactics. (Apologies to our moderators for being likened to a condom but if the rubber fits,….One is obliged to wear it)

I raise that because it takes time and effort by them, that we do not see. It is unpaid and unheralded by the multitudes, but I am confident when I say they are truly valued….And dare I say it….Loved by the KC members for their efforts.

Because of their responsibility, they each and every one has a personal exposure to a potential defamation suit….And in this era of litigation….That is not a fanciful risk. There is no end or limits to the range of individuals out there, who have the potential, without warning to publish a thread with legal ramifications.

I can tell you Kombivan, that our courts reflect this potential. Being the despicable creature I am, I make my living from this.

With this factual matrix, can I make the trite observation that this site, which affords us all so much pleasure and entertainment, as well as such a font of education and experience, costs you and I………zip……niente…….nowt……nil and in essence, SFA.

That is why your individual needs, unique and difficult as they are, are just not able to be accommodated, within the reasonable dictates of the above considerations. I have enjoyed some of your posts and it is clear to me now, that I have some understanding of the difficulties you face, that you are a man of some experience.

Please keep posting as it is people like your good self that are the fabric of this extraordinary organisation.

Our moderators (….Bless them all…… Even the old fella…) Are obliged…… nay…… Compelled to discharge their duties in as efficient a manner as they can. And that is why they cannot accommodate our personal idiosyncrasies.

If you have read this far…… I thank you…… But you seriously need to get out more.:lol:

Yours in cyber faithfulness

JD in Adelaide.:cool:

7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Kombivan, if you are interested in a Thread that you have posted in, but cannot find it, click on "settings" - top right hand corner of the page...& select "view all subscribed threads."
    This will show you a list of ALL the theads that you have posted in. I've found this valuable when tracking down, "How To " information etc. when I cannot remember exactly where it was.....

Please rest assured that there is nothing un-toward going on as far as single-ing any one person's posts out for attention.
    I can say that the Admin. team at KC are a good bunch of folks with everyone's best interest at heart......
    Cheers, Mark

8. kombivan

kombivan New Member

you might not see for a while while I explore how to use this area looks very handy.

9. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just need to call it and move on, recognise that you have cocked up and just been a forumite... Is it one of those times?

10. kombivan

kombivan New Member

i've read this 4-5 times now and i get what you are saying and to be honest if I was a moderator I would possibly edit more stuff than our current moderators if I had the power I would be the moderator from Hell!!!

11. kombivan

kombivan New Member

Forumite....I like that.

12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

bingo!! Lol :lol:

13. Farnakl

Farnakl Member

I reckon mods are doing good. I remember some dude a few months ago was responding to posts. Would start on topic then bang on about the green and purple UFO he saw. Then I didn't see any more posts so I figure he got abducted by aliens for spilling the beans or squashed by the mods.

either worked for me.

14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Mr JD in Adelaide, I thank you for once again posting on a delicate subject - oh I did enjoy a handsome glass of red this evening (made the lite'n easy more palatable) as we are moving chateau's and alas I lose Igor's Lair as of 2.00pm Monday 29th July and the SinKa has been sitting in the weather for the past 3 weeks for the first time in 18 yrs - I try to reassure him I mean no harm but alas the housing moving demons are against me.

Oldman, you've done well and above the call of duties.

I will admit I am and evil Moderator who deletes posts without contacting the postee 1st but alas as a founding member and having read the rules from 25th June 2005 and amendments thereto no one even a Moderator (I was not invited into the inner sanctum perilous moderatorious until 3yrs later) is subjected to unwarranted superfluous posts which contradict the rules - yes they are there and most ignore reading them so prior to chastising Moderators and other members all members need to read and understand where we are coming from and what we are trying to.

Yes other forums allow the F, C, P, A, C, D etc bombs to be dropped BUT on here from day 1 they are forbidden (Alpal, whats the German for that - Verbotten???) We try to keep in all on an even keel just like well balanced carbs and adjusted tappets (us T3 owners don't have these issues).

Every post is respected that complies with the rules - consider it like doing a facebook post using music which is against the rules of the recording company is copyright but on a lesser scale.

Stay, enjoy, be involved and respect and be respected by other members for your inquisitiveness and help you may be able to offer.

Cheers,
    Bert

PS. Did I just post that omg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  15. evsky

evsky Member

So abréviations of swearings ok then???

16. kombivan

kombivan New Member

L f l i .............................

17. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

NO.......I'm too old to understand them...lol

18. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

So. JFDI!!!!!!!!

19. kombivan

kombivan New Member

yeah.....................................

20. TheYorkieBar

TheYorkieBar Active Member

Hahahahaha