1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrunken engine seal... solutions?

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by jobell, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Only if the surfaces to be glued, are actually free of grease and grime, and properly prepared, for the glue to actually work as it was designed to. ;)

How often do we see an application that fails, and the "one in charge" blames the glue as rubbish, coz it didn't stick to the poorly prepared surfaces?...:rolleyes:

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Exactly why I dont mention glueing panels.
    If the fools cant weld then they sure as hell wont prep the surface or read instructions.

Why do you grease your timbers ?

Thought only palms were greased in canberra.?

3. Grantus

I have clean gloves ready for neighbours doing metalwork to wear, when they come in to give me a quick helping lift of stuff into the spray booth for finishing. ;)

Those even lightly oiled invisible fingerprints on timber, are a nightmare when finishing coats are applied, as you would know! :eek:

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Like silicone spray ;)

5. Grantus

Fish eye all round the imprint......so yes. ;)

6. jobell

jobell Active Member

Turns out it wasn't as tough as I thought it might be. Stretched it out so it didn't cost me a whole new seal and mended it with a cable tie. I love cable ties as much as I love duct tape and super glue. When I head off walking or paddling I usually take some of all three. I've mended tents, hiking shoes, kayaks and more with either one or a combination of all three. :0)

steve_4802 and melissa like this.
  7. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

You forgot fixing handbags,with all that extra weight its got to carry :p glad it's all sorted