1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sliding Drawers

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Harribo, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Harribo

Harribo Active Member

Hi all,

Anyone had any luck using the sliding drawers you see in a lot of 4wd and utes now?

similar to this

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/ti...MIpsf_v7zd8gIVB5hmAh1SVAPREAQYAiABEgJHAPD_BwE

thinking of over the engine bay or maybe even a single drawer sliding out of the side door behind the passenger seat.

just tossing up some permanent storage solutions for my Caravelle that isn’t cupboards

Cheers!

2. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I have thought about it a few times. I was mainly considering the one to come out the side door and mounted behind the passenger seat. Something that would do the entire width of the bus. Only real downside is if you are parked in a normal carpark and trying to get gear out you might want to leave a hinge panel on the top to be able to access the back of the drawer if you cant get it completely out. We have a fair bit of gear we carry when camping and have to sometimes unpack a bit to get to what we want, and that probably wont change much even with the drawer, so additional access would be helpful.

Adrian