1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what happend to your Kombi this week :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kombi-man, Dec 1, 2012.

1. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

Hi KCers,
    I was lying in bed this morning thinking about a what could go wrong in a Kombi over the week.

I will kick the list off with:
    Snapped the key off in the lock and had to re-key the locks because they couldnt fix the key :)

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Took it for a kruise!

3. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Topped up the oil!

4. Melb.VDubber

Melb.VDubber Member

Brought him some whitewall tyres!

5. stripes

stripes Member

Got new pop-top canvas and roof lining installed. Brake lights stopped working.

6. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

snapped fanbelt on motor way:wtf: no tools,had taken them out to work on other kombi,no phone, left at home:cry:

did you know your wheelnut wrench will fit nut on genny...piece of stick to jam said genny,new belt fitted and away we go:cool:

7. dewy75

dewy75 New Member

Took an hour and a half to replace accelerator pedal, linkage and linkage rod when it should of taken five minutes. Fuel Sender just packed it in.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Insert job of your choice between "...." - It's a KOMBI! :lol:

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Took Blue Bus for his annual pink slip, all the brakes sleeves have rusted and need to be replaced. Needless to say he didn't come home and he is now in what seems to be our own special reserved parking spot in the mechanics workshop.:(

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The yellow bay got driven to work everyday - then today she helped move house for my mum and dad - then she came home for a wash.

Little Red (the split) has gone off for some more paint and panel work - this time the drivers side.

11. Greg N

Greg N Member

Oil changed today and finally changed the oil pressure switch to a new genuine VW switch.

In the high temps in Sydney yesterday crawling in traffic I noticed the temp guage move up to 3/4 normally sits on half :wtf:

Greg

12. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Mine nearly got a wash :p

13. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

Well, my week hasn't ended yet..
    I jusmped in Axl to head off to Kombi Coffee as we do at the start of the month.
    I fired him up and while he was warming up I loaded some stuff in the back and noticed that the normal oil drip was running like a river and smelt like petrol :)
    Found out I had a hole in No2 fuel line to the injector, needless to say we didn't get to coffee.

I guess I will refer the "newbies" to this thread :)
    As we all know, owning a Kombi is never dull, always somethiong to fix or someone wants you to help them move house :)
    Have a great weekend KC

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  14. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

That happens for Daisy all the time :umm:

15. Mikee

Mikee Member

Came home!! Now I get to stare at the project everyday..

16. davidr

davidr Member

Finally got the Idiot lights in the dash working, and replaced my rigid hyd. clutch bleeder tube with a flexible braided hose. And of course learnt a heap about Kombi electrics.... :umm:

17. nikferatu

nikferatu Active Member

Another fuss-free week of daily service pottering around my mowing clients with the trailer on the back. Although, must say that I've got realistic expectations of clutch life given constant use of said trailer...

18. nikferatu

nikferatu Active Member

Did you know that a spark plug can be forced into the drain plug hole on a standard 1600 sump plate, creating a good enough seal that will allow you to get home from the windy stretch of highway where the old plug fell out? And you could probably do it with one of the ends on a wheelbrace I'm guessing!

19. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Washed the T3 early in the week, megger red dust storm across the Mallee, everything now covered in a layer of dust ! :umm:

20. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I thought this was a 'what went wrong' thread but as to what happened, on Wednesday Blue Bus had an early morning photo shoot for the new local tourism web page. I can't wait to see the professional photos, these are just mine from my iphone.

A couple of 'Hippie' models from Byron were employed for the shoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012