1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spare Tyre Storage.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Skinze, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Live&Direc

Live&Direc Member

Yeah. I would invest in a bullbar, or a westy-style holder. Wind resistance is gonna be the least of your worries. I reckon you should save your interior storage space for (even-more) essentials.

2. Bigcav

Bigcav New Member

YES the Duallies have the spare tyre under the front seat , which folds up and pops out, so the spare can then be lifted up and out of it's hidy hole. These are a different seat set up to the walk through so can't be stored there if you have a walk through. Spares are overated anyway ! until you need one !!

3. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

a friend of mine mounted his spare on a second hand hand 4wd "winch" ($10) under the car
    he put the winch set up in the centre of the car where the heater pipes normally go (in qld we don;t use heaters) - he drove the car to vic and back and never had trouble with clearance

4. nikferatu

nikferatu Active Member

You've got to wonder how much the front mounted spare really messes with the aerodynamics of the thing back in the real world - since the vehicle is essentially a big steel brick shaped thing! Put it up the front and you can see from the driver's seat exactly how far away from things you are when parking! Not to mention having somewhere to mount your spotties and a length of PVC tube for your tent pole/fishing needs.

People with a back as prematurely knackered as mine would balk at having to store the spare somewhere where the only way to lift it in with a straight back is to lift the pop top.

My two cents worth... :)

5. Skinze

Skinze New Member

The wheel is in!

Thanks for all of your suggestions and discussions. The possibilities a versatility of the kombi's makes me all the more eager for my next resto!

Now, can anybody tell me how to get a 687KB jpeg onto this thread? I can show you then what I ended up doing.

6. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Open an account with a free photo-sharing site such as Flickr or Photobucket.... upload the pics there, copy the "[​IMG]" tag from under the image and then paste it into your post.

http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=11446