1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spirit of Tasmania

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barry, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Before I go googling I thought I would ask here first.

can I take a dog on the Spirit of Tasmania.

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

3. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Off the topic of dogs - it was an interesting read - no hay with rabbits in their carrier - asking for trouble there. Rabbits are supposed to eat a bundle of hay the same size as themselves every day and they are supposed to eat almost constantly - if they stop eating (which happens when they are sick or stressed) they can get gut stasis which can quickly kill them.

5. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

We looked into taking Shelley when we went. There are a number of things to go through (specially as she looks like she has dingo in her). Decided to have Shelley go to a resort in Terrigal instead.
    I saw where pets were on the Spirit of Tas, and I'm sort of glad we went that way.
    It's hard enough getting through peek hour to get on the ship (that's the time for boarding), getting through customs etc. And then to be told you can't go down to make sure your pet is going ok would have been to stressful. Everything seemed full on getting vehicles on and off the ship. First time for me (maybe next time is easier, going again)
    Just my thoughts

oldman likes this.
  6. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Thanks - helpful food for thought

7. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

We do have very strict quarantine requirements so it would be best to talk to the Spirit guys to get the full requirements before you set out.

Adrian

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I flew to Hobart a while back, and was amazed that firstly Qantas actually served mandarins on the flight, and secondly, didn’t tell passengers that if they weren’t going to eat the mandarin, do not remove them from the aircraft. :confused:

Many passengers just took them with them to eat later, which resulted in a very busy quarantine Beagle working in the terminal, and a bin full of mandarins.

Mordred likes this.