1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stolen ute aka Wilfred

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by cbus, Sep 14, 2011.

1. kombiwannabe

kombiwannabe New Member

I've emailed pics out to everyone I can think of! Hope it helps. I have some friends in the car trade so they might here about something?
    I had a dream also last night that I was following the thief in Wilfred out of a servo and I confronted him, and was so angry!

Hang in there Brett.

Big Hug x Zo

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for support and assistance. definately helps when time is of the essence. And shows a generous spirit.

Lucky result?
    Quick work by the coppers:)
    Rubbernecking by other kombi owners certainly paid off otherwise it may have been days till wilfreds wanderings were noticed and i recon the trail would have been fairly cold by then.

GPS tracking not a bad idea as wilfred was pretty convincingly immobilised

interested to see what pans out today

wont say too much at the moment but certainly dont buy the line thats been given to the cops. No way.

cheers
    col

Ps .thanks for the thread shift.Mel/Bert?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  3. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

WTF?! This is the first time I've been on here for ages - sorry to hear that Brett - must have made for an interesting day. Glad that Wilfred is back home safe and sound.

Phew!

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Hang back there Phil -

Good news that Brett got his kombi returned but to say its corruption for charges not being laid is pushing it. These things do not happen immediately. A strong case has to be presented so that it actually has a chance to make it before a magistrate and get through court. It (car theft) is also not exactly high on a list of priorities - of course it is to the victim - but to the police, there are a lot more important things. The other thing to keep in mind is that our legal system does not consider car theft as a serious crime like they do in the US - now that is what we should not accept.

5. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

& I laughed at some of my UK friends who have one or more wheel clamps on their vans.
    My bad. :eek:
    Glad you got the mongrel back Brett. :)

6. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

Kombi returned and all is good!

It's great that you got your Kombi back Brett. Probably the truth is the Police are understaffed and because your kombi has been returned they can deal with some of the Sunshine Coast's bigger problems. Denise :)

7. fekkinell

fekkinell Member

Should do a whip around. Hire a bigger tilt tray and take the dirty criminamles tilt tray for a ride. 'Hey... it ain't no crime.' ;)

Glad you got your beast back. :)

8. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Since when has car theft NOT been a crime simply because the car was recovered!!!!!

9. Ammo

Ammo New Member

Phew......:wtf: Great News!!!!!!!!!!:D hope Wilfred is welll...:) and ur feeling better....:umm:

10. VolksVair

VolksVair New Member

when I find my club lock that i havnt seen in a long time i will use that too.

Somebody pinched it:rolleyes:

11. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I have started using my club lock (road ragers weapon of choice) again because if the dogs will steal a Bay how could they resist a T3 :)

12. Frankie

Frankie New Member

Evidence

In order for the police to interview the piece of shyte who stole Wilfred, they will need the owners’ statement and any witness statements, the holdup may be that they are waiting on those so that they can stitch him up properly. Otherwise he will get some smart arse lawyer who will get him off the charge on some technicality. Alternatively, if there have been several vw's stolen recently, the police may have the dogs on this guy now in the hope of catching him and/or others out.
    Great to see that Wilfred came home :)

13. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

I am sorry but due to political correctness I feel I can not express myself appropriately:eek:
    there for,I will just say,nice work on the return of your vehicle! and if you need a hand
    digging any shallow graves just give us a yell ! !.........:wtf:

14. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Went up and checked the mongrel yesterday and he seems ok ..... only strange thing was the 12 months rego sticker was missing .......

I phoned the Police and have been given a case number to ring the officers involved. All I want to do is ask some questions ....... not looking to call out the hounds and go on a witch-hunt ..... just have a few things explained.

I was estactic that Wilfred was returned so quickly so the Police deserve plaudits for speed and efficiency in returning Wilfred to his kennel. It was only later that I started asking questions. I am just seeking clarification.

I appreciate the fact that the Police Service is overworked, under resourced and paid too low a wage for the job they have to do.

Once again thankyou all for your kind words
    Cheers
    Brett

15. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Wow.... that is just shit. And yeh... for the sake of keeping things clean, I too, am gonna take Pat's approach as far as voicing any oppinions. Glad the mongrel came back home but still.... :wtf:

And the rego sticker being missing... I'd be mentioning that to the constabulary as well. So it's probably a bit after the fact now, but did anybody happen to note a rego number of the tilt-truck involved? Would be handy for members up that way to know such that word can be put round and a little extra vigilance can be excercised....

Schmeaux

16. kombiwannabe

kombiwannabe New Member

Great to hear Wilfred's ok! I agree with the name and shame thing! No charges!? What's the likelyhood he'll do it again? Shame to know there are people like that :(

Zozo

17. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thought thread shift and title edit were required to get more exposure seeing the mongrel is so well known :eek:

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Thanks Bert.

Think quick action saved the day.

Good to have a support network:)

cheers
    col

19. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, our legal system doesn't consider a lot crime as serious crime. It's amazing how many light sentences are given by Australian magistrates for serious crime ! Stabbing someone, armed hold up, B&E, major drug trafficking - it's ludicrous in some instances...

Stoked you got Wilfred back!!! :)

20. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

The guy who was observant is a champion ......... got on the phone to Col who then got on to me.

Thanks mate.

Cheers
    Brett