1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surface Rust treatment/maintenance

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Scott Neilson, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Scott Neilson

Scott Neilson Member

Hi All,

Just wanted some suggestions if i can please to let me know the best way of taking care of my paint & treating any surface rust that is on my Kombi. There is small rust spots on the roof above the cabin in the paint & there is also bits close to the rubbers on the sides & rear window where the paint looks thinner. There is a couple of bubbles that look a bit worse than surface starting. All of the window rubbers around the car seem to be in good condition ( a little dry but not severely cracked) My question is how & what should i be putting on & my Kombi to keep rust at bay? I would love to treat the whole car ( underneath & through doors etc ) but i do not know how or what is best to use. I have heard of Anchor wax. When i took the Kombi to Leons Motors for an inspection after purchase he told me i had a nice straight bus in very good nick & that i should just rust treat the thing to try & hold back the time & just to drive the wheels off it.

Thanks for help in advance.

2. Pisces

Pisces New Member

I reckon tecthyl is the best I found it stopped all rust on my boat trailer springs - constant salt water immersion - I have read that if you mix a bit of diesel with it it makes it go into the folded section on y
    The doors etc

David H likes this.
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Cbus has his favourites so I'll let him comment:cool:.
    Cheers