1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-boned!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 77bay, Dec 30, 2006.

1. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Well I guess it was a lesson not to drive the boss's commodore. I don't have the tow bar on Genevieve at the moment and I had to go pick up the ride on mower. So I put the trailer on her majestys' commodore and off we go. Driving along I realise why I don't like these cars. I get a mental image of lots of traffic in town from the folk festival and think about going the back way but don't listen to the little voices. I spotted a nice looking lowlight up a side street on the way and made a mental note to check it out on the way home.

Turning into the mower shop, traffic's bumper to bumper but stopped at the lights. The nice family truckster makes room for me to cross and calls me through. A quick check and there's nothing coming so off we go. A screech of brakes and crunching metal and the boss's commodore is written off by a guy speeding up the inside left. Luckily no-one was hurt, but the mower man said it was lucky as they fly up the inside all the time, apparently a weekly occurence. Half a metre more and we wouldn't have been so lucky.

No mower, no commodore, and I even got out of a days work. Still didn't get back to look at that lowlight though, I'll have to try that tomorrow. At least the young fella's got something to tell when he gets back to scool. I guess now I'll have to go back to the push mower.

2. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Chris
    Any excuse not to spend money eh!!!!:)

Glad to hear everyone is alright though. I hope you was polite to the guy that hit you

Now you have got to buy her majesty a new car, maybe a Kombi ???

3. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

Certainly glad to hear that no one was injured, as being hit like that is probably the most dangerous, especially for the people in the car that is receiving the impact. And certainly a hard way to learn a lesson for the other guy as well.
    And I agree with Roy, maybe the boss certainly needs a kombi!

4. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

far out...there are a lot of eeejots out there...glad your ok.

now what was that about a lowlight ?

5. winerot

winerot Active Member

scarey chris but you & son are okay thats the only improtant thing about the accident.
    wally

6. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Yep... glad everyones still alive and kicking and uninjured... and the bonus is that now there isnt a Commodore soiling your driveway! :D

CHeers!

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Phew! Glad you are both OK..I would look at it this way... lucky I wasn't driving my Kombi :)

8. 77bay

77bay Active Member

I actually got out of the car laughing, that definately wouldn't have happened if it was Genevieve. The young fella was all right so I kept calm and didn't drop the goose.
    A couple of good things came out of this. 1 no commodore in the driveway,2 one less ford on the roads and 3 boss will drive a kombi so long as it's auto. Anyone out there got one they want to get rid of? You can imagine the shopping list if I find one Roy!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  9. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Somebody find Tasha an Auto please!!!

10. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad you're ok Chris - commodore can be replaced as for the fart sorry ford better of in it's new place the wreckers - seen this happen plenty along Kingsford Smith Drive near the Hamilton Pub - impatinet drivers screaming up the inside and BANG !! KAPOW ###