1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T2 Front Seat cushioning Sydney

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Burnstar, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Burnstar

Burnstar Member

My front passenger seat in my 74 Bay needs new foam as the current horse hair has all but fallen out and the back rest is feeling a bit 'springy', I took it to a place in Artarmon and was quoted $350 for the work (ie put new foam in the existing leather seats), is this a reasonable price as it sounds a little bit expensive to me?

If not can anyone recommend a place close to Chatswood / Hornsby (and maybe central coast)

Pic of the front seat: [​IMG]

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

3. Burnstar

Burnstar Member

Thanks Melissa, I didn't realise I could buy those parts!

I assume that I need to both use foam and fibre? from the picture on VW Heritage it looks like the fibre padding goes in between the foam and spring.

The quote was for one seat only.

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes you need both. Have a good look at the other pieces available as there are some differences in shape of the seats. When Necro did our seats for our 75, I supplied the pieces and there is a little bit of tweaking to be done to the seat base coconut fibre to make it fit perfectly but it was easy to do. I note one of them clearly states "will not fit 74" so just check the pictures to make sure it matches. Check their free postage offer too, it comes from the UK but is pretty quick.
    I don't know of any suppliers in Australia or else I would give you their links.