1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T3 syncro engine swap

Discussion in 'Performance' started by farquire, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

G'day Scott, I just can't imagine how one of these sensors could catch on fire, it can only happen if the units input / output short out or if a voltage spike is induced into the circuit and then it will only go open resulting in the check engine light coming on.
    I modified my own wiring harness and I did use shielded cable on this and other parts of the loom. Maybe Smallcar have changed the spec of the VSS in recent kits, my vehicle has been through every road condition over the years, but I will admit the cluster mounted VSS is a lot better simply from a waterproofing point of view and, how hard is it to carry a spare speedo cable anyway ?

2. farquire

farquire Active Member

3. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

4. mackaymanx

mackaymanx Active Member

5. farquire

farquire Active Member

time to give the front end a bit of lovin,pulled down ready for ball joints , powerflex everything,new springs,shocks and a overhaul of the power steering rack which is leaking ,hoping to lose the squeaks , rattles and road wander[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. farquire

farquire Active Member

[​IMG] powerflex bushes ,ball joint,also new radiator and fan along with bearings seals cvs and tie rod ends[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  7. farquire

farquire Active Member

8. farquire

farquire Active Member

[​IMG] back together, aligned and ready for the run up to bus stop,drives like a new one:):):)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Kresto

Kresto Member

Props for all your work, looks great. Looks like it will be a very reliable vehicle for you.

10. farquire

farquire Active Member

thanks thats the aim

11. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I see you used a mixture of yellow & purple bushs was there a reason for that. Do the different types perform better in specific locations.

12. farquire

farquire Active Member

thats just the colours they came in phil,they do make a premium black but not sure if it comes for a t3

13. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Great to see a T3 syncro getting this much love.

Brilliant job - cant wait to hear how it rides with all the new gear.

I remember doing ball joints in my bay to find that I could hardly steer it anymore it was so tight it wouldnt self centre and was an absolute nightmare to drive.

Went elsewhere and got better ones installed and it was all good again.

Lasted about 4 years and the rubber boots started to perish again - why dont they make good rubber boots anymore for balljoints?