1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tachometric Relay For Fuel Pump Wiring

Discussion in ''How To' & 'Handy Hints'' started by Mordred, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

There has been a few people asking questions on how to connect the things so here is a diagram with some info.

Adrian

peel cp30 1.3.jpg

onetrackwonder, oldman, deger and 5 others like this.
  2. deger

deger Active Member

Brilliant, thanks Adrian. Nice and clear AND logical. I'm still curious as to physically where people are mounting things as well.

Mordred likes this.
  3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I would suggest on the fire wall near the regulator for the relays as you are close to the battery and there is part of the wiring loom going across to the coil you can add the wiring too, as well as the battery is on that side for the power feed to the pump. Along the chassis member in a place you can get to it easily for the pump on the same side as the original mechanical pump. The filter is good above the gearbox. I would also add a tap as close as you can to the tank so you can shut off the fuel to carry out maintenance.

I might add the box marked Relay can be any of those 30amp type relays you can find, and some have a fuse built in, but I would swap it out to a suitable rating for the cable you are using. 10 amp should be more than enough. I added this relay to take the load off the CP30 internal relay as even though it is rated to handle 12 amps, the normal relays are heaps cheaper if you overload it.

Adrian

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    grumble likes this.
  4. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

Great work, well explained so it is nice and easy to understand thanks for sharing.

Mordred and oldman like this.