1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tail lights

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by courty, Aug 5, 2011.

1. courty

courty New Member

So the rear tailights on our 71 bay (small oval/split style) have loose wires and the tailights keep dropping out. If I wiggle the wires they come on but they will also drop out just as easily. I was looking at it in dodgy lighting last night, but can the bulb holder come apart so I get to the internals of it to fix the wires or am I up for a new holder?

Cheers

2. Friedo

Friedo Member

Not sure mate

Just don't use alfoil (or equivalent) to try and improve the connection!!

Cheers

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Are the wires loose or the terminal connectors?
    Connectors can be closed to tighten. Remove from fitting and squeeze with plyers GENTLY.
    Loose wires can also be tightened again with the trusty plyers.
    Make sure you note which wire goes where so you dont finish up with amber stop lights etc.
    Best to remove earth from battery before you play with wires unless you short something out.

4. courty

courty New Member

The wires that are loose are the ones in the actual light housing where they connect to the fitting for the globes themselves. I just wasn't sure if there was a trick to get them apart so I can fix it, or to throw them away and just buy new ones.

Cheers