1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teen Kombi owners

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Sera, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Vanessa92

Vanessa92 Member

I am on my P plates and my mates adore my car! Any time we go out its "Oh lets take the kombi!" My dad built my kombi and mum says that it has grown on her, (she has gotten used to the VW smell now!) I can't wait to take it on a big road trip with my mates... there just isn't enough seats!!!!

2. Air Cooled V4

Air Cooled V4 New Member

I was just reading back through old threads and noticed this and thought id add my bit. Im 16 and on my Ls, i have a 1976 Super Bug and a 1974 Kombi Poptop Camper. Some of my mates think its awsome and others just laugh, but since i bought the Kombi evryone thinks im a hippy :) havent been on any long road trips but im goin round australia after i finish school with one of my mates.

3. Mid West Dubber

Mid West Dubber Member

HOW OLD
    -13 yrs
    WHAT DO MY MATES THINK
    -most of my mates dont really like it
    WHAT DO MY PARENTS THINK
    -awesome
    WHAT BIG KOMBI TRIPS
    -none

4. car_freak_tim with kombi

car_freak_tim with kombi New Member

I'm 17 and got my kombi about 2 years ago and have done very little to it since. Most of my mates think that it's a piece of s*%t but I have a laugh about it every now and then. On the other hand my parents love it and point out one every time we go past one, which I really like. My mum won't let me sell it even though I would NEVER dream of doing it. Unfortunately I haven't done any "big" trips but dad and I drove it for about 20km's when we moved house.

5. drummerguy

drummerguy Member

Im 16 and had 'Daisy' for 2 nearly 3 years. (in january) I cop so much cr*p from my mates, i think one of my nicknames is hippyboy.. My dad was the one who got me hooked on kombis so parents are pretty chill about it all :) Daisys biggest trip was down the road :/ hasent moved much, apart from the parts :p

6. Kresto

Kresto Member

its a T3, but its the sameee thinggggg. My friends like it, but wouldnt care if they didnt. so much fun to drive. Even got surprised by the 'power', expected nilch.
    so much room for everythingg.
    Had no idea there were so many teens et on here. does everyone go to the kombi events etc?
    [also, does any1 own a t3, or..?]

7. Mermy

Mermy New Member

Hey there, im 18 and i just got my first Kombi (T2 '76 model)

what i was wondering... where do all you teenagers get your insurance?
    I saw the Shannons insurance post earlier so i gave them a call but they won't insure anyone on their P's!

8. Mirokoth

Mirokoth New Member

I was 19 when I got my quote from Shannons (now 20) on my P's for 2 days and they covered me. I did mention the KC as well. Maybe you just need to get the right person on the other end of the phone? :p
    Oh and I have a white '75 T2 called Agnes.

9. ben.ben

ben.ben New Member

im almost 18 and dont have my p's yet because im a lazy bastard, the old man had a 92 t3 and i have:
    -76beetle, nearing completion that i have had for 2 years.
    -70beetle, bought off a mate and will start once the 76 is finished.
    some of my mates reckon they are sick and some are catching on!

10. kate-allica

kate-allica New Member

Hey. I'm Katelyn just turned 20, live in the beaudesert reqion of QLD saved up money on a trainee wage to buy a 73' Auto Kombi about a year ago, am still in the restoration process and my Dad and I are doing everything.... hopefully done by the end of the year