1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks Kaye and Rex - Christmas BBQ

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by heartland, Dec 9, 2007.

1. heartland

heartland New Member

Just got home - before the rain might I add - and I would like to be the first to thank Kaye and Rex for hosting a fantastic BBQ today.

Lily (their camper) greeted us at the gate dressed in her Christmas clothes - then we turned into their driveway and Kaye was smiling with Hugs a-ready wearing her Christmas Antlers - what great hosts they were.

Rex had the BBQ going in no time and was a fine BBQ'er of our lunch, Kaye had prepared some lovely salads for us all. The whole place was decked out with Christmas decorations galore - it was truely fun.

Then we headed for the "party shed" - Tony and I talked about it all the way home - we want a "party shed" - Kaye had organised some pass-the-parcel games with notes inserted ie: to the kombi that travelled the furthest, to the kombi that is the youngest etc. Their were lollies hidden inside each layer then a great chockie block at the end for the winner.

Now came the Kombi quizzes - one we played as partners - one by ourselves, the first one was a quiz on all things kombi - the second one about Kombi Club Members Kombi's names - I won this one - obviously I spend way too much time on this site - as I could name most on the list.

Kaye then proceeded to play Santa and hand out gifts all round, for the kids and Adults a like - all us adults got lovely little Gum-nut Santas hand made by Kaye, to put on our Christmas trees.

The day finished early for us as Tony had some work to get home to, but I couldn't possibly leave until I had a piece of Pav - covered in berrie and choc.

Kaye and Rex, Thank you so much for such a great Kombi Christmas get together and I wish you both a Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year.

Hope to see you mid January for a convoy.

It was also fantastic to meet some new Clubbers.

TassieDave and Rowena took some snaps on the road so I am sure some will be posted in due course.

2. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Sounds like a great day was had by all.

Glad the weather held out!

Can't wait for the pics! Good onya Kaye and Rex - shame I missed out on a cuddle.

3. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Great Day had by all. My family really enjoyed themselves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Rex and Kaye, we are looking forward to next time.
    Dave

5. Saggas

Saggas New Member

thanks kay and rex for a great day.
    also thanks for letting my pinch a snag or 2 off the barbie cos I left mine at home DOH!
    great photo work rowena and dave!
    my van has never looked so clean!

im up for another convoy/event in jan sometime.

6. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

I've just got home and what a fantastic weekend I've had, Can't wait for the next one! I'll have to get my driver side looking a bit better, But there's only so much you can do.....

7. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Hi All
    so pleased you all enjoyed yourselves at our place it was a pleasure and an honour to have you here we love entertaining and it is no trouble for us to "do a Barbie",but have to admit that chrissy is my favourite time of the year ..good excuse to be and act "silly" Ed and Amanda (2tpickup) turned up just after Tassiedave and family left and so we had an extended visit for another 2hrs and it was great ..Ed introduced me to a new drink...YUM...that is going to be in my xmas bar this year..Rex says..THANK YOU VERY MUCH EDDIE...NOT!! We loved every minute of yesterday and can't wait to do it again...and we must get together mid Jan

cheers
    Kaye and Rex

8. jman

jman New Member

Top Day

Thanks so very much to Kaye and Rex.
    Sorry I missed Ya Ed. We'll have to catch up for an evening beer. Let me know when you're free.
    Was cool meeting you Steve.
    Roweena your products are fantastic!
    Great photos. Yeah!
    Cheers, J