1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Details for Bus Stop 2008

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by melissa, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Did somebody say champagne??

Did somebody say champagne?? Jacqui and I are always on the lookout for some new bubble buddies. Be on the lookout for the flower girls with the permanent champagne vessel in their hands. :)

We may never be the same after Eden!!

Jules

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You or your livers??? LOL

Party on girls!!!!

3. Michael

Michael Member

I had to cancel guys. work will be going through a 2nd round of redundancy's in March and will be extremely chaotic, so booked annual leave has been shelved.
    was waiting on a possible way around it or a last minute reprieve, but no go.
    have advised the park re site 113, which sounded really nice...not sure if they have already rebooked or not.

have the greatest time all, should be a lot of fun.
    enjoy
    Michael

4. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Dang shame to have you miss it.

Ok so we have bubbly girls, and i know there are a few dry and red wine drinkers, but does anybody else have a taste for sickly sweet desert wine like me.

5. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Bubbles or bust!!

Heck if I get drunk enough I will drink anything. Bring it on. Don't mind the odd port it takes me back to my uni days when we drank goon or port (whichever was the cheapest). I am sure you will find a lolly water drinker down there someshere.

Jules

6. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Bugger and bum...we cant make it to Eden..family crisis and I'm needed at home......crying real big tears was looking forward to meeting new friends and catching up with old ones..oh well theres always next year....
    hope all have a great time and look forward to seeing many many pics.
    cheers
    Kaye and Rex

7. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

That is sad news, hope all becomes well with the family.

On a lighter side I have been told by a very reliable source that the Easter 'Burnie' will be making an appearance at eden as well. He's one hot Rabbit.

8. Royce

Royce Active Member

Rabbit recipes! and egg hunt?

Easter bunny? That's great. Rabbit goes really well in white wine with some sage and a bitey cheese, and accompanied by a nice dry red...Did I say I like my food...

On that note, is someone coordinating egg hunt like last year. With four kids, the likely hood that I will have bags of the things is high, and the hunt last year was a huge hit.

Happy to chip in or help out...

Royce and the boys and the princess

9. melissa

I'll catch up with you there Royce. There will be eggs to hunt again this year ;)

10. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I am booked. :D

Well, my flights are booked, and I will be joining the QLD convoy down in Nowra NSW on Good Friday. I shall be Kombi-less, but just being able to be there is better than not going at all, I figure. Glen has been nice enough to offer me a spot on his site.

Phew!!!! Can't wait to meet everyone down there.

11. heartland

heartland New Member

Does anyone know for sure if site 75 and 76 are still vacant as Sheriff and I are booked into 30 and 31 and would love to move to 75 and 76 - I rang Eden Tourist Park and the guy thought those sites were still booked? The guy was a little vague - can anyone help?

Anyway what I'm wondering is if some Kombi Club members have vacated those sites and other unsuspecting non-kombi club members might have been given those spots by mistake.

We would be happy in 30 and 31 but would love to be in the thick of things in 75 and 76.

Cheers

12. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

I would ring the park back & get them to double check & find out whether those sites are really booked or not.
    If they aren't booked, ask to change...
    Judy

13. melissa

I am doing it tomorrow

14. heartland

heartland New Member

Thanks so much Melissa I didn't seem to get any joy with them.

15. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

What would be good is if any of those gaps between KC members could be filled by us. If we could be bunched up better or not. I'm not sure whether a van park would accommodate a group like that - by swapping non-group members' sites with group members' sites so they all end up being consecutively booked. Dunno. Probably a bloody big ask though.

Julian.

16. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Probably a big ask, but if they were to ring the caravan park at Tallebudgera, they might be told that it's a very good idea to keep all of the Kombi Clubbers together!

I have found the people at Eden to be very unhelpful with any queries I've sent their way. :(

I'm just on the phone to re-book our 2 weeks near Byron, and those people really know how to give good customer service. It is noted and remembered, I think.

17. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Hi All unfortunatly you will have to take us off your list for the cabin as due to a family crisis we will be unable to attend...really disappointed but I am needed at home at the moment and family comes first before pleasure...crap who said that...I want to come..bugger bugger and more bugger....
    cheers
    Kaye and Rex

18. melissa

Ok I have spoken to Jill at the caravan park. If the site has been booked and "confirmed" i.e a deposit paid, by someone who is not in the Kombi Club then they will be still there. Especially if it is someone who goes there regularly and its their favourite spot. (Being stuck amongst us might soon make them change their minds about that though ;) ) She didnt know if certain sites were Kombi Club members or not as some people had not made themselves obvious.

If you are definitely coming and have not confirmed with the park then I urge you to do it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If you don't and a person turns up before you, they will give your spot away, it is a very popular time of year for them.

19. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Unsure now if we will be making the trip down due to unexpected medical issues.:( Will hopefully know more in the coming weeks but if anyone wants our site, just ring the park and let them know. I'll try and call them today.

20. gemma

gemma New Member

Yes! Bermagui or bust .

Totally agree, pick us up on the way.:rolleyes: