1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The forgotten ones……..

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by GW2200, Dec 6, 2021.

1. GW2200

GW2200 Active Member

When establishing my VW credentials upon being accepted to this forum I forgot to mention two other VWs that endured my presence:

Vicki Vdub - dark green, dints and rust and bits missing, wayward steering that stiffened upon turning into a corner and a big bluestone on the passenger seat for balance against its lean. Lights so bad that with the last 10ks to get home I had to wait on the roadside until a car with real lights passed and then I tailgated for vision.

One dark night Vicki Vdub played up erratically and simply died. Abandoned her and began walking home wearing thongs (not that swimming thingo). Slipped down steep rocky broken branch strewn embankment nearly into the river and suffered multiple lacerations and heavy bruising, just short of concussion. Limped my mangled mess home. “What happened, you ok?” Wife expressed her puzzlement of concern.
    “Had an argument with Vicki, we’re no longer in the speaks.” And so on…….

The Beast - again dark green, old T2, all panels contorted, hit or miss if anything worked, ugly looking thing but I liked the challenge of driving it and not always arriving. Damn, it was ugly! Anyway, wife on board and somehow got to High Street, Armadale (VERY upmarket shopping area). parked directly outside a haute couture shop and wife popped out from sliding door because passenger door inoperative and moi came around to slide the door shut. A woman in the shop glanced us horrified and closed the shopfront entrance. We visited the lighting shop next door to buy light fixtures. yeah, The Beast was ugly.

Miss Rosie likes this.
  2. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

still no pics

tintop likes this.
  3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I did share the easy methods……

4. rstucke

maybe a quote from The Castle

5. tintop

tintop Well-Known Member

here's a pic while we wait

oh, it did happen.jpg

Syncro27, Wayne murray and rstucke like this.
  6. GW2200

GW2200 Active Member

I’m feeling the heat of expectation and unlike The Castle you won’t be subjected “tell him he’s dreaming”. Big ouch in that snapped pole photo above. Have arranged photo schooling with brother in law for Thursday this week - I won’t go truant like during my school years - my fear is too great in current circumstances.

oldman, David H and rstucke like this.
  7. rstucke

Sorry to put you on the spot, but you'll enjoy the the responses and "likes" that happen when we see you're toys past and present

oldman likes this.
  8. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hey folks......let the story be brought forward @GW2200's own pace;).
    I'm enjoying the installments:) as the history unfolds.
    Cheers

9. tintop

tintop Well-Known Member

nah, we always ask for pics ... remember :D
    IMG_20211207_215204.jpg

Attached Files:

Syncro27, oldman and David H like this.
  10. David H

David H Well-Known Member