1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Kombi Club Annual Bus Stop 2009 - The Details

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2009' started by melissa, Aug 4, 2008.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thank you everyone for being so patient. I looked at 4 parks in the area and this one ticked all of the boxes.

The 2009 Bus Stop is to be held at Rainbow Beach Holiday Village -Bonny Hills. Good Friday is 10th April 2009. A booking has been made and I have told them to expect about 50 Kombis. They have a fantastic location, next to the beach with lots of family friendly facilities. One of the best things about this park is that it has a function room that they have agreed to let us have from the Saturday morning (it was already booked Friday night) until Monday night. The charge for this function room is being paid for by The Bus Stop as our major sponsor so a huge thanks to Roy for agreeing to pay for that. As we all know, a meeting place of a night is important for our trivia and awards and..... fancy dress!!! Slight change of plan - the park has informed me that the function room was booked Saturday night as well but they have organised for us to have the Surf Club for the Saturday night which is only a 5-10 minute walk from the park, fitting really that we have a Hawaiian night right on the beach!!!
    The caravan park's website is :
    http://www.holidayvillages.com.au/HVrainbow-beach/home/index.html

Please call them and book your site or cabin as soon as possible. I have already booked mine and make sure you say you are from The Kombi Club so we can be put together. A powered site is $44 per night. The cabins vary in prices due to luxury or how many people they hold.

I encourage everyone to stay the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights and depart Tuesday - ESPECIALLY if you are coming from the South. The traffic at Hexam is awful on the Monday and you will defintely be better staying until the Tuesday morning.

The park layout:
    http://www.holidayvillages.com.au/HVrainbow-beach/pictures/rb-parkmap.JPG

One of the activities planned will be a MiniGolf tournament at the Caravan Park!!

Of course we will be having the Pullback and Remote Control Grand Prix - handled by our resident race king - Alpal, so get those models revved and ready.

We have had crazy hat night and mask night - 2009 is Hawaiian Night - so get the grass skirts, hawaiian shirts and leis out peoples - coconut bras optional!!!

The contact number for the Park is : 1800 045 520 Toll Free

[​IMG]

More details will follow.

2. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Count me and Sammie in!

3. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

We're in baby. :D

Will be booking in for a full week so we can make sure it's a good break for the whole family.

Special thanks should go to Melissa for all of her behind the scenes work to make this happen, and of course, to Roy for sponsoring the whole shebang.

4. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

I second all that Kyra said!

5. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Nice one melissa:)

i will be booking our site tomorrow

6. Archeress

Archeress Guest

BONNIBELLE at BONNY HILLS...HMMMMMMM

7. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Firstly a MASSIVE thank-you to you Melissa for (once again!) laying all the hard work and foundations for another Bus Stop Event, and also to Roy as well for your sponsorship - I hope you can make it down for this one, mate.

And count me in! I'm excited already. :D

Everyone, the QLD/Northern NSW leg of the 2008 Bus Stop stayed at Bonny Hills for one of our scheduled stops, and it was a lovely lovely place. This will be a fantastic location for next year's event. I can't wait! :)

Julian.

8. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

As has been said thanks for organising the location Mellissa! I'll be booking post haste too and this time I WILL have a bus I can sleep in; tents are so, so, so very overrated!

9. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Looking forward to it immensely. Thank you Melissa for your amazing work and Roy for the coin.
    I will be booking mine tomorrow.

Hawaii eh?........ Coconut bras....... grass skirts.......swimming pools..... movie stars..... ... .. . :wtf:

Oh and Kelly..... go on, you know you want to!

10. StevieVW

I'm just thinking... Me... Grass skirt.... Coconut Bra..... that's an image I didn't need.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Stevie don't you have dibs of accomodation in a little blue lowlight?

12. StevieVW

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  13. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Fantastic choice of parks Melissa well done and thank you to both yourself and Roy.

I will book as soon as I get back.....whooo hoooo might even take Blue Bus to this one :D

Please everyone book your holidays now.....don't miss this event, it has been such a blast the last 2 years and the highlight of KC. There is nothing like getting together with fellow KC members from all over Australia.....it's just wonderful.:heart:

Lorraine

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We have a Verandah Cottage but I dont know the number yet.

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

16. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Thanks melissa

Well done as usual. Thanks for all the research and info. So Thats about 18 pension paydays left to save up. It will be here before we know it!
    Regards,
    Cammo

17. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I have a Garden Villa for a whole week! Yipee. Don't know what number it is, because it's not even built yet, so it'll be brand, spanking new for us.

Arriving on the Thursday, so will miss out on the convoy down there, which is a bummer, but I'll cope by seeing all of you lovely people when you get there. :)

18. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Michelle & Adrian site 83
    Lorraine & Andy site 84

Sorry guys thats the ensuite sights gone

We have booked Friday,Saturday Sunday

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  19. air_cooled_brain

air_cooled_brain New Member

Ill be up there in 2 weeks so ill book a site then

this will be my 1st Kombi Club event so i carnt wait to see you all there!!!

Peace

20. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Hi Melissa
    Woo Hoooooo :D
    We have just booked our camp sites Verity,Ian and there 2 mad kids are on site 54 from Thursday to Thursday and Nathan,Myself and our 2 mad kids are on site 55 from Thursday till Tuesday morning.

Soooooo exciting.

Sounds like such a fun weekend we can't wait !!!!!

Meg